Recruit Picks Bama over LSU, mom picks no class over son

RLLD

[video]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/top-recruit-mother-upstages-commitment-national-tv-140949747.html[/video]

Wow, I bet LSU had her all setup to get some $$ if the kid went there, and she was angry about missing out on the coin.... :nono1:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
It sounds to me like the mom is a Tiger fan who bleeds purple & gold as many of us do down here.
I give the lad a good chance at playing in Baton Rouge before it's all said and done.

RLLD

Maybe when they get back home he reconsiders.

I found out that his parents are split, there are step-parents involved, and the kid does not live with his mom.....so maybe the dad and step-mom swayed him.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
If the mom is really a LSU fan and from her actions I'd guess that she is, then this would be the ultimate slap in the face to her. Not only did the Tide just beat her Tigers for the BCS Title but Tricky Nicky is their coach. You can not imagine how deep the hate for Nick is in this state, that once loved him. Leaving for the Dolphins was bad enough tho most fans did finally grow to admit that it was hard to fault him when the $$ were figured in but coming back to coach the hated Crisom Tide, a school in our side of the SEC was too much for most of us. The kid will not have a future in Louisiana if he does attend Alabama. Memories here last a long time and LSU football is like a church to a great number who live here. He could never have a successful business here and I doubt he'd ever find peace of mind either. I feel sorry for the kid, kind of-sort of. He could have chosen any other college in the country without causing himself the backlash that he'll face if he goes thru with signing with Nick.

Strange, stoopid, heartless? Perhaps, but true just the same.

RLLD

It's funny. I am a Maryland Alum, and my daughter recently asked about a converstation she had with a coach from Duke about playing for them.

She asked me about it sheepishly, but I told her emphatically that I am a fan of HER, and if she elected to attend Duke, I would wear Duke blue every time she played, even against Maryland; and every other day I would sport my Terps colors.

She is my kid, that takes precedence over anything else. I have tried to teach her to make the right decisions for her, and let her know that this is her life to live, and if Duke is her decision I support her.

I guess I have no real compassion for a parent that would treat such a tremendous kid so callously.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
If I felt that my son could help LSU and he chose to attend Alabama he'd be living on the back of our 20 acres in a tent, lol.

FTR I have two daughters and my wife has 4 boys. There are times I'm tempted to send our youngest to a tent without football playing any part in my decision.

RLLD

If I felt that my son could help LSU and he chose to attend Alabama he'd be living on the back of our 20 acres in a tent, lol.

FTR I have two daughters and my wife has 4 boys. There are times I'm tempted to send our youngest to a tent without football playing any part in my decision.

:yellowlaugh: