Ray Rice's stock UP...Arian Foster's stock DOWN

cctekguy

Staff member
Vonta Leach joins an already scary running attack in Baltimore, CBS reports.

News: Free agent FB Vonta Leach, who led Arian Foster to the NFL rushing title in 2010, reportedly signed with the Ravens on Sunday. The Houston Chronicle reports that he agreed to a three-year, $11 million contract. It will enable him to pave the way for Ray Rice and company this season, after the team's running game took a step back last year. Leach was a first team All-Pro selection and he earned a Pro Bowl spot as well.

Leach is a beast. Ray Rice NFL's top performer?

Osiris

Fantasy Football Pharaoh
Don't forget Ray Rice is in a contract year...

Will LeRon McClain sign with Houston?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Wow! I cant believe the Texans let this happen.

Yes CC, Rice may lead the NFL in rushing with this bulldozer in front of him.

cctekguy

Staff member
Leach was a 1st team All-Pro selection and he earned a Pro Bowl spot and hasn't had a carry in 2 seasons.

This is the kind of player you build a franchise around.

I'm suddenly a Ravens fan.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
McClain is going somewhere else. Houston would be a nice fit for his skill set.

The only problem is McClain is not a lead back. Or should I say he has never really played that role while with the Ravens.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
McClain reminds me a lot of Earnest Graham. I don't see that changing either.

Coachnorm

In 2008 McClain was used extensively, 231/907/10 tds but then almost went unused after that. Showed some real potential as a offensive weapon but too many mouths to feed on the Ravens.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Now the Chiefs might use him to replace Thomas Jones...maybe.

McClain is slow (4.8 in the combine) and big (250+). Thats a fullback.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Charles is the leading RB hot potato. Just a few weeks ago people were saying that Charles ranked among the top 5 with AP, Foster, Gore and CJ. And now he's he doesn't have the endurance to carry the team down the field by himself?

If he's truly a top 5 contender, then he will be able to carry them down after down all season long from an ability standpoint. Now, the playbook would become considerably predictable but we're not debating strategy here, we're debating stamina and strength.... right?

cctekguy

Staff member
Charles is the leading RB hot potato. Just a few weeks ago people were saying that Charles ranked among the top 5 with AP, Foster, Gore and CJ.

The fact that Gore made this list ought to tell you something about the author's credibility.

Osiris

Fantasy Football Pharaoh
Without T Jones or another RB, J Charles would be hurt by mid season. There's a reason why they don't give him 20+ carries per game...because his body can't handle it. He's most effective with 15 touches per game, which means you need another RB to pick up at least 10-15 touches.