Ravens LB FA Rumors

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Well Ray Lewis, Bart Scott & Terrell Suggs are all UFA's leading to much speculation to where they may land. Many rumors are and will continue to circulate about this trio. There's already a thread on the Lewis to the Cowboys rumor, but here is a couple more. Feel free to add more in:

• Heard there are some rumor's flying around that Suggs would like to keep the trio together and is willing to take a "hometown" discount to make it happen.
  • Edgar Thompson of the Palm Beach Post is reporting that the Miami Dolphins are interested in Bart Scott if he does not resign with the Ravens.
  • Ray Lewis will not receive the FT according to Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti.

Mike

Administrator
Don't know of any solid rumors, but can somebody tell why all of these guys were allowed to reach free agency?

I would think that at least two of these guys are gone this year, combine that with the loss of Ryan, and I feel the Ravens hit their peak in 2008.

Not sure about the rumors, but my thoughts is that Ray Lewis walks this year unless all three are kept together. When he walks, it will be to the Jets or Cowboys. Can't see him going anywhere else.

No clue about the other two. Not sure how valuable Scott and Suggs are without the leadership of Lewis. Somebody will pay, and likely pay too much. They are talented players, not taking that away from them, but much of their effectiveness has been due to the overall leadership and cohesiveness of the entire unit.

DearbornDolfan

Yeah, if the Ravens don't tag Scott, or if Scott doesn't take a hometown discount, look for the Fins to make a hard run at him. Scott would make Miami's front seven and pretty much funnel any offensive attempts to the pass game. Hopefully with a DB-first draft strategy that focuses on tough, smart, disciplined players, the Fins' D in 09 will be as tough as the Ravens' D of 08.