Rate My Team -- also included self analysis and thoughts - insight/tips appreciated.

realmwalker

Well another round of great Fantasy Action started this weekend with my Money League Draft.

14 team, standard, all TD's 6 pts
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE Flex, K, D/ST , 8 Bench Slots

Drafting from the 10th position?:

QB - Bradford, Sanchez
RB - Felix Jones, Beanie Wells, Reggie Bush, James Starks, Ben Tate, T. Choice
WR - Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Kenny Britt, Nate Burleson, Earl Bennett,
TE - none
K - Tynes (NYG)
D/ST - Atlanta, Cleveland

Since the draft I dropped A. Armstrong (WR - WASH) and added Cleveland D/ST due to an early SOFT schedule. I generally play Matchups with my Def.

QB breakdown: I had to take Bradford in the 5th due to slim-pickings and not wanting to get stuck with a complete "game manager" QB. Although I think I reached for him, I believe under Josh McDaniels he can get to another level. Sanchez was drafted as the backup but I may start Sanchez in Week 1 against Dallas over Bradford vs. Eagles and their revamped secondary...(unsure about this...Advice Requested for QB week 1).

WEEK 1 QB STARTER: Bradford or Sanchez (Leaning Sanchez at this time)

WR: Overall, I like the strength at WR in a 3 WR league. I nabbed A. Johnson from the 10th spot as many people in my league actually went RB or QB in the 1st round. As the turn came R. White and L. Fitz went off the board...which left me staring at Megatron, where I was considering a RB. Well, I took the leap and went WR HEAVY...being a 3 WR(and/or 1 TE) league I figured having two Top 5 WR wouldnt hurt me.

RB: I started to pick off RB in the 3rd with Felix Jones. This was a bit of a leap, but I think Jones is going to surprise folks. I am not as worried about rookie Murray or T. Choice. Essentially this is gonna be the year Jones is going up or down on his own merit. I am gambling that it is up. Beanie getting the starting job and under the Hightower shadow is a good thing, and from all angles it appears Beanie is looking good, running with power, and his coach seems to like what he sees...with better QB Wells seemed a good pick in the 4th. I buoyed my RB with contributing others: Bush, Starks (who may yet emerge as the RB in GB), B. Tate (lets see how Foster goes through first couple of weeks with his Hammy), T. Choice.

TE: None needed, all the big names were gone, but may pick up Kendricks (TE-Rams) if I see similar chemistry with Bradford in pre-season going into regular season. With a fairly strong WR corp I have several WR2 potentials on my "watch list".

K - Who Cares - I took Tynes.

D/ST - Atlanta I feel is under rated, however I prefer them at home in the dome, where Ryan plays MUCH better. Cleveland with a soft early schedule should hound these early teams.

My ideal setup for D/ST utilizing CLE/ATL

Week 1 CLE D/ST HOME against Cincy - A. Dalton at QB is a D/ST dream IMHO.
Week 2 CLE D/ST @ Indy (potentially without Manning and for sure not at 100%) - sign me up
Week 3 CLE D/ST HOME against Miami - Henne's noodle doesn't strike fear.

Week 4 CLE D/ST HOME against Tenn:Hasslebeck improves them some, but Cleveland could do well here
-OR-
Week 4 ATL D/ST @ Seattle: T. Jackson, Lynch, and

Week 5 ATL D/ST problematic as ATL plays GB and CLE is on bye, make shuffle D/ST's a week or two prior here.

Week 6 ATL D/ST HOME against Carolina: yeah, Cam's arm isnt suddenly gonna explode into a cannon.

Its early and things can change, but aside from week 5 my dynamic duo is set to face Rookie or inept QBs mostly at home with what appear to be pretty poor teams. I like that.

Let me know what you think and any criticism, tips, hints, help is always welcome. The Outlaws have always been good source of information for me.
Thanks for reading.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Re: Rate My Team -- also included self analysis and thoughts - insight/tips appreciat

14 team league I'd say you did a hail of a job.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Re: Rate My Team -- also included self analysis and thoughts - insight/tips appreciat

You did better at QB than I did in my keeper league. There's a ton of upside with young Bradford and he could start for me any day. Best of luck this season.

realmwalker

You did better at QB than I did in my keeper league. There's a ton of upside with young Bradford and he could start for me any day. Best of luck this season.

You like him in Week 1 versus Eagles or Sanchez vs Cowboys?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator

I'd roll with Bradford in your shoes though I can see the temptation to avoid the Eagles Defense. I don't see Sanchez lighting it up vs the Cowgirls. I look for them to do their dead level best to get Greene going on the ground.