Randy Moss Retires after 13 seasons

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Randy Moss has abruptly decided to retire from the NFL.
Moss' agent cites the underwhelming offers thus far in free agency. As Profootballtalk's Gregg Rosenthal predicted in March, Moss' pride won't allow him to take a big pay cut, so he's walking away at age 34. Moss will of course reserve the right to reverse his decision if an ardent suitor comes calling. If this is the end, Moss walks away eighth in career receptions (954), fifth in receiving yards (14,858), and second only to Jerry Rice in receiving TDs (153). Arguably the most dangerous deep threat in NFL history, Moss will be voted into the Hall of Fame after much debate.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
New commercial: (in a southern twang) "Hey Randy, go long".... "Sure thing Brett".... Catches the pass in the endzone....
Two players leaning on a pickup truck...... "You need jeans that fit when you're retired, you need jeans that make you feel comfortable. We're comfortable in Wrangler."
"Wrangler, Real. Comfortable. Jeans"

cctekguy

Staff member
I had no idea Moss was a FA and further don't understand the lack of interest.

Seems like he could be pretty useful opposite Fitz, DJax (while Maclin is in doubt), playing with Cutler or in Denver or even opposite Marshall in Miami.

oh well, what do I know.

I know that if I got told Matt Hasselback held the keys to my future, I'd retire too.

efactor

Coming at you
Was like he just lost interest last year and fell off the map.

Out with a wimper, not a bang. Too bad for such a great performer.....................

JScott

Administrator
Does anyone else think there's something behind the scenes (that hasn't come out in the media yet) going on? As Tek posted, it just doesn't make any sense.

cctekguy

Staff member
By retiring, does he get out from under some previous commitment?

We should get Brett Favre's opinion on this.

Remote Controller

By retiring he can wait out an injury to a wideout on a contender team and not sweat in camp. His eyes are on Philly with Vick, and Minnesota with McNabb. He will prematurally cum if Belicheck phones him.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Moss was being passed around like a cheesy-crust Papa John's pizza on Friday night. Emphasis on the cheesy crust. His performance was less than stellar the past few years. I'd want to leave with what's left of my dignity too. Not questioning his talent... just the fact that we haven't seen a lot of it lately.

catman

Baseball "Expert"
Randy Moss had a very good career, on the field. In the lockerroom and off the field, he had his difficulties. From everything I've read about him, he was a tough teammate to deal with.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Was like he just lost interest last year and fell off the map.

Out with a wimper, not a bang. Too bad for such a great performer.....................

Yes his stats does show he "Was A Great Performer" to bad he would perform only when he wanted to, IMO he is only semi-retired and will jump at the chance to get on a competitive team.

In the mean time go home Moss and cry by the phone waiting for the call.

Remote Controller

By retiring he can wait out an injury to a wideout on a contender team and not sweat in camp. His eyes are on Philly with Vick, and Minnesota with McNabb. He will prematurally cum if Belicheck phones him.

This is gonna happen.

Randy Moss Officially Retires; Eagles Make an Offer Late --
Wed Aug 3, 2011 --from FFMastermind.com
The Boston Herald reports free-agent WR Randy Moss has filed his retirement paperwork. Unaware he had done so, the Philadelphia Eagles came calling with an offer. To this point, Moss hasn’t budged. He’s officially retired.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Looks like the Eagles are trying to get Moss to pull a Brett Favre. It would be interesting having Moss line up in the slot.

Bull

Looks like the Eagles are trying to get Moss to pull a Brett Favre. It would be interesting having Moss line up in the slot.

In the slot?! Moss isn't going over the middle for any team - especially a team in the NFC East.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Well I don't know how they would work it, but he wouldn't be ahead of Maclin or Jackson on the depth chart is all I'm saying.