Rams Release Holt

Mike

Administrator
Sounds great doesn't it? How possible?

depends on the outside interest of other teams.

Holt is wanting to get a ring, that is why he wants out of St. Louis.

Dallas is a possibility, Giants are a possibility, Patriots are always a possibility. Who else? the list will include all teams that think they have a shot at the title, and a receiver upgrade will get them there.

It comes down to a combination of how hungry a team is, and where Holt's head is ( how bad he wants a title, how aware he is of the teams coveting him, and how much he wants money over a title)

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
If its a title he wants, Methinks he would look at New England for a vet min deal, Dallas, New York G's, and perhaps even a team like the Ravens.

Mike

Administrator
Ravens are a team that will come up, but I think the smart receiver will want to avoid that. I can't bring myself to think that Joe Flacco is going to be a guy that takes a team to the next level this year, or even next year.

Could Flacco suprise me? yes. Will he? I doubt it.

I can't help but see implosion when I look at the Ravens.

Ravens are a team that will come up, but I think the smart receiver will want to avoid that. I can't bring myself to think that Joe Flacco is going to be a guy that takes a team to the next level this year, or even next year.

Something about having to deal with the Steelers slows my roll on Big Joe.

What contender that is going to be on TV every chance the networks get? the Bengals? Ravens? Wait, don't tell me. And they need a WR like Holt?

Dallas?

Money is going to flow through that stadium like a Goose through Jeff Garcia.

What makes you say that? The anticipated loss of defensive dominance Mike?
the Ravens are stuck in the shadow of an Albatross that's name is Ray. He is the Rayvens.

if all Tory wants is money, then, the Rayvens may be his 401k.

the Rayvens are ultra-talented.

but for, The Tell-Tale Heart.

Edgar Allan Poe said:
The disease had sharpened my senses --not destroyed --not dulled them. Above all was the sense of hearing acute. I heard all things in the heaven and in the earth. I heard many things in hell. How, then, am I mad? Hearken! and observe how healthily --how calmly I can tell you the whole story.
If still you think me mad, you will think so no longer when I describe the wise precautions I took for the concealment of the body.
"Villains!" I shrieked, "dissemble no more! I admit the deed! --tear up the planks! here, here! --It is the beating of his hideous heart!"

Mike

Administrator
What makes you say that? The anticipated loss of defensive dominance Mike?

Flacco, just like every other QB in Baltimore, has been in a protective shell. Yes, a new coach is in town, but I don't feel like the mentality has changed.

last year, I seen a team that was overprotecting a QB. If he was unprepared, he didn't need to be on the field. If you are putting a QB on the field for a playoff team, you need to be willing to turn him loose.

Baltimore, once again, wasn't willing to do this, and it didn't appear that Flacco was ready to go to that level.

Baltimore was a playoff team, and this team sold Ray Lewis on being a contender. He signed his career ending contract to this. The pressure is going to be high on Flacco, a 2nd year QB, and I see disaster coming.

Flacco, just like every other QB in Baltimore...
a quick knee jerk mistake, if i may.

maybe, probably, but to evaluate the success of Big Joe toe to toe with his predecessors is wrong, imho.

opposite, maybe. they may 'never again' send a QB out to get pounded within inches of their Boller.

Baltimore realizes what goes around, comes around.

Big Joe is an obvious talent on a Steeler-esque team.

If Holt ain't tough or is looking to have a great stat year, he'd be better off playing in Canada.

..., has been in a protective shell. Yes, a new coach is in town, but I don't feel like the mentality has changed.

last year, I seen a team that was overprotecting a QB. If he was unprepared, he didn't need to be on the field. If you are putting a QB on the field for a playoff team, you need to be willing to turn him loose.

Baltimore, once again, wasn't willing to do this, and it didn't appear that Flacco was ready to go to that level.

Baltimore was a playoff team, and this team sold Ray Lewis on being a contender. He signed his career ending contract to this. The pressure is going to be high on Flacco, a 2nd year QB, and I see disaster coming.
or disappointment?

Ray Lewis was interested in wasting his time on another team? really? He smells like Kurt Warner to me. Happy

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Who is more affordable Phicin? Holt seems obvious. Do you see one or both finding a dome team? Saints maybe?
I think Holt will sign first, not due to money so much, but due to the off field stuff still hovering over Harrison.

Quite honestly, I put them both about equal in performance...both having knee issues.

Dallas is a thought, Carolina is where Holt wants to go per Duk and reports.....maybe Philly...but not sure.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator

Not that I disagree with you that Baltimore can use him...but with Mason ticked that they won't extend his contract...I think bringing in another aging vet will only set him off more. IMO.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Browns? doubt it with the other divas getting their panties in a bunch (Soldiah, and Braylon)

Winslow's in TB now and I've read reports that Cleveland's not locked into re-signing Braylon when he's a FA after this season. Stallworth obviously is a non-factor due to injury concerns. Holt would give Brady a security blanket underneath with good hands and sharp route-running (the anti-Edwards)

At first glance, I wouldn't expect Pittsburgh to go after him unless the price is right, but they've been working out Joey Galloway, so who knows? Would fit his desire of playing for a stable contender w/o having to be "the man" and he's about the same age as Hines. I'd be pretty happy about having a high character guy like that, for sure.

Bubba

Sorry guys, but as a Rams season ticket holder I've watched Holt become nothing more than a double-teamed decoy the last two years. Wherever he goes, thats the role he will fill.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
Baltimore doesnt have the cap room to afford Holt...

and Mike the Ravens made it to the Championship Game with Flacco. Not sure what you are saying about him....

Beermutts

Raven Maniac

is the NEXT LEVEL the SuperBowl, because in case you forgot they made it to the Championship Game last year

Winslow's in TB now and I've read reports that Cleveland's not locked into re-signing Braylon when he's a FA after this season. Stallworth obviously is a non-factor due to injury concerns. Holt would give Brady a security blanket underneath with good hands and sharp route-running (the anti-Edwards)

At first glance, I wouldn't expect Pittsburgh to go after him unless the price is right, but they've been working out Joey Galloway, so who knows? Would fit his desire of playing for a stable contender w/o having to be "the man" and he's about the same age as Hines. I'd be pretty happy about having a high character guy like that, for sure.
My bad on Jr. very succinct as well.

You should post more often (and me obviously less as well(.

Sorry guys, but as a Rams season ticket holder I've watched Holt become nothing more than a double-teamed decoy the last two years. Wherever he goes, thats the role he will fill.
What an asset he would be on a team with players already filling that role.