Rams Release Holt

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
This was not unexpected. He has requested the team to let him go, and I think he was due a relatively large bonus soon. Curious to see if anyone signs him...before Harrison.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
This was not unexpected. He has requested the team to let him go, and I think he was due a relatively large bonus soon. Curious to see if anyone signs him...before Harrison.

I'm sure that Torry Holt will be added by someone before Harrison. At the very least he'll get a lot more attention / money from teams.

Holt will turn 33 by next season... Harrison will be 37!

Who is more affordable Phicin? Holt seems obvious. Do you see one or both finding a dome team? Saints maybe?

dukdown

Banned
I know Holt has always talked about returning to his Carolina roots. He's pretty soft though, and not sure he would fit into the Panthers' philosophy.

I know Holt has always talked about returning to his Carolina roots. He's pretty soft though, and not sure he would fit into the Panthers' philosophy.
I can see Torry going for either a one year deal to prove himself and then getting the five-year deal, or getting a five-year deal now. Obviously he's looking for the money now.

Duk, you think Holt is pretty much spent? or you say soft, like he ain't got the hangy-downs to go over the middle in the NFC "Big" East?

Holt would be darn perty in a Niner uni. With Alex Smith at the trigger, would be interesting. Because we all know Smith is going to be the QB.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Dont discount Holt to the Cowboys in a one year deal. They need something to go with the garbage left at WR.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Much appreciated.

They have to do something. Holt is at least a one or two year stop gap for the offense while they evaluate the "next big thing" so to speak.

Before everyone goes ape shit, I am not saying Roy Williams is garbage. What I am saying is there is a need across from him I think Holt could fill short term, and if the Williams exparement fails, Holt might be a slight savior.

Much appreciated.

They have to do something. Holt is at least a one or two year stop gap for the offense while they evaluate the "next big thing" so to speak.

Before everyone goes ape shit, I am not saying Roy Williams is garbage. What I am saying is there is a need across from him I think Holt could fill short term, and if the Williams exparement fails, Holt might be a slight savior.
There is no reason to think about going "ape" imho.

Roy Williams is not "The Playmaker". There is no speed on offense to keep teams from man coverage, bump and run at their leisure.

Holt would bring that threat. Hell, Harrison would. And what WR in his right, ego-centric mind, not want to play on the biggest stage football has ever built?

the light on that Lone Star in Big D will be the answer to the prayers of any WR in the Game, with GAME!

Talk about pressure

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Oh, Id also like to throw in unlike most, if not all of this roster, Holt has:

1. Made the playoffs and won there
2. Been to the Super Bowl
3. Won the Super Bowl

Oh, Id also like to throw in unlike most, if not all of this roster, Holt has:

1. Made the playoffs and won there
2. Been to the Super Bowl
3. Won the Super Bowl
Why did he change his number? I'm sure there is an answer. a slick lisp over glass fiber could drummed up.

It's more of an observation,
like the way people see, or perceive light.
some People see the light.
while other People feel the Light

The Ram Players hated the coaches for letting them lose.
The Ram Players became a good coaches executioners.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
He's a solid #2 at this point in his career and would fill a role helping teams with younger star WR's in a role model capacity. Dallas is one obvious destination but he would have to adjust his salary demands to their cap situation.
I'll throw Philly out there since they have a ridiculous amount of cap space, need a name WR to appease McNabb, and are still a viable playoff contender.
Other suitable landing spots would include the Jets, Bucs, Niners, and Falcons. Maybe the Browns opposite Braylon, but would he go there? Seems like he should be able to write his own ticket.

He's a solid #2 at this point in his career and would fill a role helping teams with younger star WR's in a role model capacity. Dallas is one obvious destination but he would have to adjust his salary demands to their cap situation.
I'll throw Philly out there since they have a ridiculous amount of cap space, need a name WR to appease McNabb, and are still a viable playoff contender.
Other suitable landing spots would include the Jets, Bucs, Niners, and Falcons. Maybe the Browns opposite Braylon, but would he go there? Seems like he should be able to write his own ticket.
call him a slash 2. not a one but not a two.

with Curtis in Philly? sounds rough to me. Jets got bigger problems. Bucs sign a WR while trimming fat? and A. B. ready to be the next TO? maybe.
Niners, makes sense, but nothing special. Falcons could get in the way, but as a dome team, who knows? Michael Jenkins? great QB situation and would fit nice with Roddy White. That would be tits (pardon my french).

Browns? doubt it with the other divas getting their panties in a bunch (Soldiah, and Braylon)

Dallas makes the most sense from both sides of the table (it's what i would like and therefore should be).