Predictions for the second half of the year

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Its semi half time in the CFB regular season, well, close enough for everyone to make some predictions. Ill start:

Texas will finish 7-6: My beloved Longhorns will be 3-3 after this weekend, and will lose to Texas A&M, Baylor, and Kansas State.

Somewhere along the line, you will see Case McCoy get a shot.

Baylor and Mississippi State will go bowling this year: Both teams are 4-2. Both have one more near guarenteed win in front of them. Both let a big one get away. Both are also well coached and will finally find the way to see the post season.

USC will finish 6-7 and everyone is going to laugh: Call it a far fetched hunch, but the 4-2 Trojans should lose to Arizona, Oregon, and Oregon State. Then the real pain begins, as Notre Dame and UCLA finish off the Trojans fall from grace.

maverick824

I predict OSU runs the table in the Big Ten.........as does Michigan State.

I predict two undefeated non-BCS schools, TCU and.......Nevada. Neither play for a national title.

I predict the SEC champion will have no less than 2 losses.

I predict Nebraska runs the table, and doesn't play for a national title.

Finally, I predict that Oregon survives the Pac 10 unscathed (winning by double digits in every game), and we get a Rose Bowl rematch of OSU-Oregon, one in which the Ducks hang 40 on OSU and win. We have 4 other really PO'd programs, 2 from major conferences with legitimate gripes.....

I figured I'd go way out on the extreme limb lol.......and while I'm there, DRob goes 2k/2k for an 8-4 Michigan team and wins the Heisman.

Bayou Bengal

College Football Guru
I predict this will be the first year since 05 that the SEC doesnt win the National Championship. The SEC is just gonna beat itself up too much and 2 losses wont cut it as there will be too many unbeaten teams left.

Predict Oregon vs Ohio State in Tempe though I believe TCU should be in that game over both those teams.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Oregon vs Ohio State would be a hell of a game. Would come down to how the Bucks handled James IMO.

TCU is going to need the heavies to all have one loss, and even then it might not be enough.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Okay call this a wish list if you must but LSU gets by Auburn and 'Bama and nips the Hogs in overtime to go undefeated, lol. They'll win their 3rd BCS title game.

Okay a more likey outcome...

A 1 loss SEC team will make it into the title game due to strength of schedule. There they will again easily win.

Bucknut

I don't see Ohio State going undefeated, somebody will trip them up - probably Wisconsin or Iowa.

I think there's a good chance Boise State gets in the national championship game. I think Michigan State goes undefeated, but unfortunatly doesn't get in over Boise. I predict Boise vs Nebraska.

Last edited by a moderator:

maverick824

I don't see Ohio State going undefeated, somebody will trip them up - probably Wisconsin or Iowa.

I think there's a good chance Boise State gets in the national championship game. I think Michigan State goes undefeated, but unfortunatly doesn't get in over Boise. I predict Boise vs Nebraska.

if MSU does run the table, they're definitely getting in over Boise, schedule strength will push them past Boise in the computers....i also see the majority of voters pushing an undefeated Big Ten team over an undefeated Boise....same with SEC, Big 12, or Pac 10

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I cant believe it, but I was wrong about us getting hammered by Nebraska.

I bet you cant even say the word Texas up there without being shot at....

maverick824

I predict OSU runs the table in the Big Ten.........as does Michigan State. 1/2 WRONG

I predict two undefeated non-BCS schools, TCU and.......Nevada. Neither play for a national title.

I predict the SEC champion will have no less than 2 losses.

I predict Nebraska runs the table, and doesn't play for a national title. WRONG

Finally, I predict that Oregon survives the Pac 10 unscathed (winning by double digits in every game), and we get a Rose Bowl rematch of OSU-Oregon, one in which the Ducks hang 40 on OSU and win. We have 4 other really PO'd programs, 2 from major conferences with legitimate gripes.....1/2 WRONG

I figured I'd go way out on the extreme limb lol.......and while I'm there, DRob goes 2k/2k for an 8-4 Michigan team and wins the Heisman. 1/2 WRONG, Heisman is a no way

that didn't take long.......