Post Superbowl, 2022 off-season News, Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
ATL - sign former Bears GM Ryan Pace to their front office as Senior Personnel executive

Arctic Dawgs

Had to watch the Superbowl in a pub due to no TV on my boat, so never noticed any of the commercials. Any good ones ??

Do not believe any could be better tha the Bell Canada network commercials the had during the winter Olympics though. They gave a hilarious portrayal of Canadians

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Had to watch the Superbowl in a pub due to no TV on my boat, so never noticed any of the commercials. Any good ones ??

Do not believe any could be better tha the Bell Canada network commercials the had during the winter Olympics though. They gave a hilarious portrayal of Canadians
I enjoyed the Chevrolet commercial with the sopranos Opening sequence

Phicinfan

Administrator
ARI - reports out that team and Kyler Murray have made nice and are talking now about his option year and a future long term extension
BAL - sign S Tony Jefferson

Phicinfan

Administrator
ESPN - reporting Washington pushing very hard to get Aaron Rodgers

Phicinfan

Administrator
KC - hire Matt Nagy as senior assistant and Qb coach - see ya as OC next year Matt....

hikeNbike

Rumors flying Washington is on the move to get a top flight Qb :
- One report stated Washington offered multiple picks and Chase Young to get Watson from Houston
- One report had Washington, Seattle and Houston in a three team trade - Watson to Seattle, Wilson to Washington and picks and players to Houston

Other rumors have Washington talking to Vikings and Colts about Cousins and Wentz
Wow multiple picks and Chase Young. What in the world is Houston waiting for. Have to think they will get no better offer then that. Is there significant progress on Watsons cases that I'm not aware of.

From Washington's perspective this is perplexing. I know they have had a revolving door at qb but with Watsons troubles as well as all the other controversy going on with the team as it is, this looks like an extremely toxic situation. And I'm not sure the team is a qb away. Their defense regressed a lot last year and I'm not sold on their offensive talent. Gibson feels overhyped and McLauren catches only like 50% of the balls thrown his way.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Wow multiple picks and Chase Young. What in the world is Houston waiting for. Have to think they will get no better offer then that. Is there significant progress on Watsons cases that I'm not aware of.

From Washington's perspective this is perplexing. I know they have had a revolving door at qb but with Watsons troubles as well as all the other controversy going on with the team as it is, this looks like an extremely toxic situation. And I'm not sure the team is a qb away. Their defense regressed a lot last year and I'm not sold on their offensive talent. Gibson feels overhyped and McLauren catches only like 50% of the balls thrown his way.
Well rumors now have Washington heavily after Rodgers. This team is close to playoff status and the NFC East is weak. They want big name QB to solve offense issues and take story away from more on Snyder

Phicinfan

Administrator
GB - freed up more cap space by restructuring contract of Bakhtiari
GB - Rumor has it Rodgers is requesting a contract of $50 million a year
N.O. - Saints have restructured contracts of Michael Thomas and Ryan Ramczyk - $26+ Million in cap savings
LAR - McVay says he is committed to staying with Rams as HC in 2022 - no TV jobs
NFL - Amazon and Apple are leading contenders for Sunday Ticket
FOX - talking to Sean Payton about a studio job
TB - picking up 5th year option on Devin White

Phicinfan

Administrator
NFL - Competition committee expects to address OT rules again this year, but will not make changes to replay reviews
LVR - signs FA DT Andrew Billings
Amazon looking to sign Kirk Herbstreit for Thursday night broadcasts
ESPN - may be looking to also sign Joe Buck away from Fox
CIN - Logan Wilson recovering from shoulder surgery - torn labrum
CLE - restructured Jack Conklin's contract

Phicinfan

Administrator
ARI and Kyler Murray have cleared up the position - they want a long term deal, and they have sent 2 proposals over to the team. They did not say he would not play without a new deal, but that is his only negotiation ploy. and it was implied....
NFL Combine begins tomorrow
MIA - more surprises - per internal sources, reported on PFT - Miami was going after Tom Brady and Sean Payton for 2022. But scrapped the plan when Flores filed his suit. They did reach out to New Orleans once Payton resigned but before the Flores suit but New Orleans refused to give permission. So just more and more mess in Miami

Phicinfan

Administrator
Evan Neal - OT Alabama will attend combine but won't do on-field drills
CLE - reports out that team will pay big $$$ to keep NJoku
NFL - Packers, Buccaneers, Cardinals, Jaguars, and Saints will play internationally this year
Matt Corral won't throw at Combine either

Phicinfan

Administrator
GB - per Mark Murphy, Green Bay, Detroit and Washington are finalists to host 2024 draft
DAL - Stephen Jones says its too early to address Amari Cooper
NFL - Jaguars and Raiders will play in Hall of Fame game
TB - Bucs bringing back the creamsicle uni's in 2023
Jameis Winston seen running for first time since tearing his ACL
MIN - reports out that Mike Zimmer was openly complaining about Cousins, he wasn't aggressive enough, nor made enough winning plays
Amazon talking to Sean Payton
Cb Derek Stingley Jr will not work out at the combine

Phicinfan

Administrator
DEN- meeting with all the top Qb prospects at the combine this week
IND - Wentz working with Colts Wrs off season even though rumor is team is moving on
GB - cause Rodgers news is a must this year :rolleyes:, First team released a photo for something and didn't include Rodgers(shocker...)., Next, GM and Agent are talking numbers for a short term deal so if he says he is staying the team is ready to react, Last but not LEAST - Deadline to tag a player is March 8th, so Rodgers promised to decide before that deadline to give team time to prepare for Adams.

Phicinfan

Administrator
HOU - Watson's professional Qb coach stated in an interview that Watson is ready to play and throwing the ball better, also tore down the Wrs in Houston he played with last.....
CLE/PHI - making plans for joint practices in camps this year
NO - Saints have finalized restructures for Michael Thomas, Ryan Ramczyk and now Adrus Peat - saving $34 million in cap space - still over cap
SF - losing Rb coach Robby Turner

Phicinfan

Administrator
DAL - Dak Prescott had successful non-throwing shoulder surgery
DEN - GM George Patton says they will be aggressive to fix Qb play in Denver
CHI - even missing a year the team has not real update on Cohen and his return from ACL injury

Status
Not open for further replies.