Pick your NFL Mt. Rushmore

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
So who's on YOUR NFL Mt. Rushmore? 4 names only; not other rules.

Mine:
Jerry Rice
Jim Brown
Vince Lombardi
Reggie White

Hard to leave a QB off the list, but for me I feel Lombardi deserves to be there....hell the SB trophy is named after the guy! Wanted to give it a defensive presence so White gets the nod. Brown goes on as one of the most dominant offensive players in history and same for Rice.

So there is mine, who's on yours?

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
John Elway
Lawrence Taylor
Walter Payton
Bill Walsh

Given more time, it's possible I'd change any of these. Elway to me is the greatest QB in history, and I know that's plenty debatable. Payton I see on many lists already. Lawrence Taylor is one of the greatest defenders to ever play the game, and he quite literally changed the way the game is played on both sides of the ball. As for Bill Walsh, the same can be said for him, for his West Coach strategies, and for his hallmark coaching.

freyguy

Pick to Click
Since this is "my" Mt. Rushmore.

Tom Landry
Emmitt Smith
Troy Aikman
Jerry Rice

HA!! Threw you off with the last one huh?

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
~~ Trent Dilfer has a ring does that make him a MT.Rushmore candidate????????? Hell :shake:

i didnt say there were 30 better or more deserving QBs. just that everyone agrees QB is the most important position on the field, and i dont see how you can pick the best player of all time at the most important position and then they never won a title. thats just me apparently.

Mike

Administrator
Walter Payton
Jerry Rice
Dick Butkus
Bob Lilly

And I deleted/modified/redone this list multiple times, still not 100% satisfied with it. Might consider "night train" over Butkus, or Randy White over all of them.... eh.... leaving it as is.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
i didnt say there were 30 better or more deserving QBs. just that everyone agrees QB is the most important position on the field, and i dont see how you can pick the best player of all time at the most important position and then they never won a title. thats just me apparently.
So?

If we are talking rushmore, we are talking to me the greatest of all time.

Qb - to me is Marino. He was the most prolific passer of all time. Yes, he never won a title, neither did Sanders...but I don't see an issue being raised there.

Rb - Sanders. Yes Emmit has the all time total. Sanders easily could have topped him had he not retired. Sanders was a game changer, and literally was the detroit team. He deserves it.

Wr - Rice. The best Wr ever. No question.

HC - Lombardi, Walsh, I could think of quite a few here.