• Yes but you got the losses wrong

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No The Pats wont even win the East

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Patriot Ron

Koolaid Drinker
The 2013 New England Patriots​

A new year and what does that mean for the Patriots? Well Bill Belichick and Tom Brady are still there so one could believe that all is the same in New England. Many have foreseen a decline and fall from elite for this Brady led team for years. While the Superbowl title has eluded the Patriots for 9 years they have been right at the top of the contenders in all but one of the 9 years , going 11-5 that year without Brady and of course falling short twice in two Superbowls with the Giants. Some may think twice before giving up on the Patriots chances in 2013.

The Patriots open at the Bills in week 1 and close with the Bills at home in week 17 something I'm hoping is an omen of sorts as the last time this took place was 2003 when after losing in week 1 - 31-0 they won in week 17 by the same score and went on to win the Superbowl.
Tom Brady will be minus any big names at WR and most have been talking about the Patriots not going to be able to pass at will as they have in the past. I on the other hand being a Patriot fan but looking at the past would bring up that all three Superbowl wins came when Brady had no name WR's . Is the HOF awaiting the David Givens , David Pattens , or Bethal Johnsons of the Patriots Dynasty years? I think not! The Patriots have almost gone full circle and will be close if not there yet to being a balanced team on offense and a more dominate team on defense. I believe this team will run quite often and well and will provide dinks and dunks to move the chains and run the clock. This team will be a lot like the 2003 team in its method of play and will be one of the teams fighting for the top seed in the AFC.
Lets look at the schedule and while anything can change an outlook , baring any key losses of players this is how I see the season from my BIAS view.

Week 1
The Bills will be a cake walk... Not because they cant compete but because they are in shambles after the injury to EJ. I know that a division game can always be tough but I dont think Buffalo is ready for the regular season yet and will struggle for a few weeks before looking like a threat. I think the Patriots win by 2 TDs or more on the road.

Week 2
The Jets come to New England on a Thursday for a prime time game with almost the same problems as Buffalo. See Week 1
Week 3
Tampa Bay has given the Patriots lots to be thankful for Talib, Blount come to mind. It will be hot in Tampa and New England will control this game with long drives and ball control while keeping its Defense rested and fresh. I dont think this game will ever be at risk but the score will be closer that it should. Patriots by 7 to 10 points.

Week 4
At Atlanta is going to be very difficult as the Falcons are very similar built as those record breaking Patriots of 07. A very explosive offense capable of lighting up anyone with those WR's and TE and now Steven Jackson to pound the rock. Quick play is a weapon the Patriots have employed but may be the weapon used to catch the defense struggling and cash in on tired players. Brady will have to be at his best to pull out this one and it could happen but I see this as the first loss of the 13 season with Atlanta winning by 6
Week 5
Another Road game vs a tough Bengal team that many are picking to win their division over the Ravens. The Bengals have a good defense and this will be the cog that runs the ship in Cincinnati. Projected to be even better than last years tough Defense with a strong pass rush and one of the best secondaries the Patriots will rely on the running game and its own secondary to combat the passing game of the Bengals. It will be close but the strong running of the Patriots and the lack of running by the Bengals will make them one dimensional and New England will win by 4. (just a FYI) The Patriots have only lost back to back games twice since 03

Week 6
The New Orleans Saints come to New England and history should be a factor because the last time the Saints were in New England , the Patriots were favored and a clinic was put on display by the Saints . This time however the Saints dont have a dominate defense to go with the high flying offense and the Patriots win by 13
Week 7
At the Jets..... The Jets will most likely have one of the worst teams in Jet history or at least the worst team under Rex ... Yet it seems that even when they shouldnt they give the Patriots trouble. Something will go bad someone will be having a bad day or the Jets will just play above expectations and New England will struggle to pull this one out by 2
Week 8
The Dolphins come to New England and the Patriots Defense will make itself known to the Fins as they cause a boatload of turnovers that carries the Patriots into the next week winning this one by 3TDs or more

Week 9
The Steelers come to New England and take note of the Defense as the Patriots have 2 players with 100 yds rushing and 3 turnovers on defense. Patriots by 14

Week 10 BYE

Week 11
At the Panthers after a BYE week... Give Bill two weeks to prepare and look out you dont stand a chance Right?? well rust sets in after 2 dominating games followed by a week off. The Mo isnt residing on the Patriots side as New England falls victim to its own turnover filled game and as expected the Patriots lose to a team they ought not lose to by 9

Week 12
The Peyton Manning led Broncos come to New England and everyone remembers how that went last year right? Brady has been on the winning side when Manning (Peyton) leads his team into New England far more than Peyton. Last year this was THE match up everyone wanted after the Patriots won in the Reg Season all Broncos people could talk about was how Manning had come to know his new team and had the game came later in the year Peyton would have lit up the Patriots and it would all be seen once New England made it to the AFCCG vs the top seeded Broncos ... Well The Ravens beats them and while Patriot fans rejoiced over a home AFCCG the Ravens game in and won that one too and the dream match up Bronco fans wanted is this week. After a bad game the week before the Patriots rebound playing one of the best Offensive games of the year.. BUT Peyton gets the last seconds of the game and with time running out drives into FG range and the Patriots lose at home by 2 losing B2B games for the 3rd time since 2003.

Week 13
The Patriots travel to Houston to face the AFC leading Texans at home. Last Season New England dismantled the Texans in New England and then won fairly easily in the Playoffs also in New England. The Texan are playing balanced football and after losing just 1 of 9 before the BYE the Patriots drop the 3rd in a row after the BYE to bring Giant questions to the season after such a strong start. Lose by 4

Week 14
The Patriots go home to play the Browns and get the ship righted with an easy win over Cleveland... Win by 20

Week 15
At Miami the Patriots once again play it close with a Division foe but pull away in the 4th winning by 13 because of a late Int returned for a TD

Week 16
At the Ravens the Patriots look to avenge its playoff loss from last year in New England by taking one from the Superbowl Champs in their house. Everyone plays the champs strong but this one is desired greatly being 5th of 5 prime time games for the Patriots who dropped all but one of them and look to capture some momentum going into the playoffs. With nearly a perfect game Brady throws for 400 yrds and 3 TDs as the Raven D isnt what it used to be and the Patriots win on the road by 17

Week 17
Buffalo comes to New England and while they look better than week 1 The Patriots must Win to better the chances for a Bye week and take this game by 21

The Patriots finish 12 - 4 and wait for outcome of other games to determine Playoff Seeds...

I'm not Bias !!!!