Pacman Jones released by Dallas

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I didnt quite see this one coming, but still a good move.

As initially reported by our very own Escrow, Dallas has released troubled CB/RET Adam "Pacman" Jones.

Jones never did much for the Cowboys, and I for one believe the roster space could be used for something much better. Good riddance.

Cowboys to release Adam Jones

Mike

Administrator
Too much time away from football for him to come in and immediately make an impact and avoid the mistakes he made on the field.

Given an offseason and training camp with a team next year, I think he would make a very good impact wherever he lands if he stays out of trouble.

The problem will be staying out of trouble, because trouble for him isn't necessarily trouble for another NFL player.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Hmmm....what team needs CB help AND would take the risk. I am assuming with Dallas releasing him a team could take a flier on him for a one year contract for the vet minimum right?

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
~~ Listen up Al Davis you wrinkled senile old fart.:grandpa: You leave that loser pacman on the scrap heap where he belongs.

SC#20

Dominator!
Crazy crazy, Dallas media was almost begining to take it easy on him, then this happens. Jerry Jones shoulda just cut his ties with him when he got suspended the first time.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Open, but not investigating

What this means is the case has not been closed in case new information were to ever come to light, but not investigating means the file has been closed up and filed away. It does not appear in an active case load assigned to a detective. Pretty much means unless someone (and they won't) comes forward and says he directly paid them to shoot at someone, the case is dead in the water. His celebrity alone makes this one extremely difficult to prove.

I see it more as an excuse to cut ties with a failed experiment. He's headed pell mell toward the Radahs :D

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Crazy crazy, Dallas media was almost begining to take it easy on him, then this happens. Jerry Jones shoulda just cut his ties with him when he got suspended the first time.
or how about not trading for him in the first place....

Coachnorm

Well, it wasn't too expensive as an experiment. They used a 4th round pick to get him. Since pacman did get suspended during the season The Cowboys will recieve the Titans 5th round pick and the finaces of the deals clears an extra one million in cap space.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Apparently he is now suing ESPN for their report about him ordering the hit after an altercation

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
What this means is the case has not been closed in case new information were to ever come to light, but not investigating means the file has been closed up and filed away. It does not appear in an active case load assigned to a detective. Pretty much means unless someone (and they won't) comes forward and says he directly paid them to shoot at someone, the case is dead in the water. His celebrity alone makes this one extremely difficult to prove.

I see it more as an excuse to cut ties with a failed experiment. He's headed pell mell toward the Radahs :D

Thanks, Sarge. Great input from a man who would know a thing or four about criminals.