Ok I'm losing patience in Herman

hikeNbike

Feel like Strong is a good coach that couldn't handle the media and all the distractions, recruiting was also not up to par. Herman feels like he can recruit and talk to the media but he absolutely can't coach or motivate the players.

I know you usually give a coach 3 years and we will see how it goes this year but I just dont feel he is the guy.

I know the offensive schemes are lacking but I kind of like Les Miles if this season under Herman goes south. He can coach a defense and he wins games. Maybe get a good offensive coordinator and hope it works. Miles can recruit and he is a good motivator, and would be good with the media.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
You'd better get a great OC and pray that for once Les would listen to them. I like Les but was ready for him to go from Baton Rouge. Offense had zero imagination. Yeah he won a lot of games but it was boring as hell.

hikeNbike

Yeah I know. But I'm tired of Texas losing games. Winning sounds good even if its 17 -10. Maybe if Chip Kelly flops at UCLA, that could be an option as well.

Bucknut

Yeah I know. But I'm tired of Texas losing games. Winning sounds good even if its 17 -10. Maybe if Chip Kelly flops at UCLA, that could be an option as well.

There will always be a young coach that is having success at a smaller school that a big time program like Texas can get, that's what Herman was. Sometimes these work out, sometimes they don't.

If Kelly fails at UCLA I don't think any major program would want him.

hikeNbike

So a good win for the Horns yesterday. Doesn't make up for the egg laid against Maryland, but finally something good. Though it could just be that USC is that bad.

Is it just me or does it already look like we can crown Bama again this year? Total beatdown again yesterday.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Can't do that. They're endangered creatures. Longhorns now are a dime a dozen and make good dog meat if it's ground up so that the critters can chew their tough ass.

hikeNbike

Big game for the Horns tomorrow. I was shocked but pleasantly surprised at the beat down they gave USC. But I'm not sure if USC is a good team or just a big name this year. Saw enough of TCU against Ohio State to say they are a good team even with them losing the game. So a win tomorrow and I'll feel like Herman is making strides even with the loss to Martland to open the year. A loss and especially a beat down at home against TCU and I'm back to my sentiments after the opening week.