Ohio State recruit arrested

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Ohio State recruit Jaamal Berry has been arrested for felony marijuana possession, court records show.

Berry, a heralded running back from Miami and an ESPNU 150 prospect, was arrested Thursday and charged with possession of more than 20 grams of marijuana. The third-degree felony carries a penalty of up to five years in jail and a $5,000 fine.

Ohio State is aware of the situation but declined comment as it checks into the facts of Berry's case. His high school coach, Larry Coffey, told ESPN.com he has been in touch with Berry but declined further comment.

Berry, 18, ranked as the nation's third best running back and 22nd best player in the 2009 recruiting class, according to ESPN's Scouts Inc. He's widely regarded as Ohio State's top incoming recruit and had been expected to compete for playing time as a true freshman as the Buckeyes try to replace Chris "Beanie" Wells in the backfield.

Miller, do you have any insight on this incident or this kid?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
lol, yeah my insight is your about 2 months late on the story....

Other than that ;), I heard about it, but never heard if anything resulted from it. Berry is a very talented kid who is expected to contribute in the backfield for the Buckeyes this season. This was pretty alarming when the news hit earlier this summer, but the Buckeyes keep pretty quiet on things of this nature.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I know its late, but its football season and nearing draft time. Gotta dust off the intel for a position that normally produces a 1st round draft pick every year.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
nah, this is the Steelers department, they like those OSU guys who like their pot a little too much....