NFL Week 8 in, out and other news

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
For reasons I cannot possibly understand the Lions have traded safety Quandre Diggs and a 2021 7th to the Seahawks for a 2020 5th.

To me this makes the Lions defense worse. Darius Slay is also very unhappy about this trade saying on Twitter that it's bullsh*t

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Getting constant reports on how Tom Brady will be a FA at end of season - one wonders when Bellichick and Brady ride out into the sunset
Urban Meyer has thrown his hat into wanting to coach the Dallas Cowboys..... uh yeah....

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports that Adrian Peterson (ankle) is expected to suit up Thursday night against the Vikings.

Specifically, Pelissero asked Peterson if he'll tape up the ankle and give it a shot Thursday night, and the future hall-of-fame RB added, "and bite down." ESPN's Josina Anderson added that Peterson, "will play tonight ... barring any pregame setback." It sounds like Peterson will suit up for this #RevengeGame, although it's fair to wonder just how big of a workload he'll be able to handle on a high-ankle sprain. Treat AP as a low-end RB3 as a +16.5 road underdog against the Vikings' fearsome front seven.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
O.J. Howard (hamstring) didn't suit up for practice Thursday.

Howard was limited on Wednesday, so the downgrade is concerning for his chances at suiting up Sunday against the Titans. Cam Brate (12-119-2 on 14 targets) has been a superior fantasy option to Howard (13-176-0 on 18 targets) after seven weeks of action. Brate would be a low-end TE1 if Howard is ultimately sidelined against the Titans' 27th-ranked defense in DVOA against the TE position.

Source: Trevor Sikkema on Twitter.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Patrick Mahomes (knee) will practice again Thursday.

Mahomes isn't expected to suit up this Sunday, but he's at least been healthy enough to get out to practice in back-to-back days. Matt Moore's target distribution with Mahomes' sidelined last week was as follows: Tyreek Hill (5), Travis Kelce (4), Demarcus Robinson (4), Damien Williams (2), Mecole Hardman (1), Blake Bell (1), Darrel Williams (1) and LeSean McCoy (1). Hill, Kelce and Shady are the only realistic solid fantasy options this week assuming Mahomes is ultimately sidelined.

Source: Adam Teicher on Twitter.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
AJ Green is out. :rolleyes:

Malcolm Brown is out.

Russell Gage gets first crack at replacing Sanu.

Still no practice for the NFL's biggest ham, of course I refer to none other than Cam.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
AJ Green is out. :rolleyes:

Malcolm Brown is out.

Russell Gage gets first crack at replacing Sanu.

Still no practice for the NFL's biggest ham, of course I refer to none other than Cam.

This is funny to me cause I was recently working in West Virginia and there was a place there called Cam's Hams. They had a really good shaved ham sandwich...but I know, you had to be there.
:p

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
My, how things change with HC change - Case Keenum is out with concussion in concussion protocol, but HC Callahan has stated if he can play he will start, but if not Haskins will start not Colt McCoy. Hmmm... Seems only Jay Gruden is a McCoy fan.
Trade of Bennett from NE to Dallas is a 2021 6th round pick or 7th round pick depending on what incentives he hits
Wr Keenan Allen now Questionable with a hammy issue
Jets listening to offers for Leonard Williams DL and also supposedly interested in trading Wr Robby Anderson
Cincy has stated no A.J. Green or Cordy Glenn this week in London.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
David Johnson is a GTD.

Matty Ice returned to practice.

Adams feeling 2 million times better but still no practice.