NFL Week 8 in, out and other news

Remote Controller

Saints | Eli Apple in danger of missing Week 8 Mon Oct 21, 12:57 PM

Updating a previous report, New Orleans Saints CB Eli Apple (knee) likely suffered a hyperextended knee late in the team's Week 7 game versus the Chicago Bears, although more tests are scheduled to determine the extent of his injury Monday, Oct. 21.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I loved this injury. He had just made fun of Cohen for being short. Karma's a b!tch!!

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Play would have never happened if Thomas had not of screwed to pooch on his ill fated attempt to recover an on side kick.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Coach says Ito Smith is out.

Then there's this brought to us by rotoworld.com

• Coach Kliff Kingsbury said David Johnson (back) didn't feel right after a couple plays on Sunday.
    Kingsbury added that Johnson is a "warrior", but he turned the offense over to Chase Edmonds after the Cardinals' starting RB didn't feel right after a couple plays. Johnson was only active for emergency purposes during the Cardinals' Week 7 victory over the Giants, infuriating fantasy owners all around the globe. For what it's worth (likely not much), Kingsbury did note that he appreciates the passion of fantasy players. It'll be tough to project anything resembling a three-down workload for Johnson in this week's matchup against the Saints.

So you POS I left Edmonds on my fantasy bench along with his 37 points and played DJ for his one carry and .2 points. Thanks a hell of a lot for nothing.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
  • ESPN's Josina Anderson reports Adrian Peterson (ankle) has a grade 1 high-ankle sprain and grade 2 low-ankle sprain.
    Even so, Peterson claimed to be "good" for Thursday Night Football against his former Vikings squad. Washington's backfield remains in complete disarray during this short turnaround as Derrius Guice (knee) isn't eligible to return from the team's PUP list until after their Week 10 bye (assuming he's activated two weeks ahead of time) and Chris Thompson is currently battling turf toe. At this rate, Wendell Smallwood would make for a desperation RB4/FLEX as the only available option aside from Peterson if the veteran's limited.

Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Genuinely surprised that no one has posted this,

The Falcons have traded wide receiver Mohamed Sanu to the New England Patriots for what I think I read was a second round pick

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Emmanuel Sanders and a 5th round pick have been traded to the 9ers for a 3rd & 4th.
Denver is dealing WR Emmanuel Sanders and a 2020 5th-round pick to San Francisco in exchange for 2020 3rd- and 4th-round picks, per league sources.

Dates.

Huge upgrade for Sanders and Jimmy G