NFL Week 7 in, out and other news

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I may cry. Mahomes ruled out with a knee injury. Spent only a few minutes in the X-ray room and was signaling to the trainers that it was the outside part of his right knee.

Edit: early rumor says a dislocated kneecap. Could be a few weeks, could be season-ending surgery. We will only know after an MRI which I would assume is scheduled for as early as humanly possible tomorrow morning
I have done this, nothing freaks you out more than looking down at your own knee, and seeing the knee cap on the side of it instead of in front of it. The key will be how much ligament damage to the knee cap there was, and if the knee cap itself is damaged. It hurts like hell though....

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
My oldest daughter had this happen to her while dancing at her grandmothers house. She was back to normal in under a month but able to function that same day with pain.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
My oldest daughter had this happen to her while dancing at her grandmothers house. She was back to normal in under a month but able to function that same day with pain.
I missed one week and then played the rest of the season on my knee, basically ended my football days as a JR. Didn't play at all as a senior in HS, but then again I wasn't good enough to get a scholarship anyway. I was a noseguard on defense so didn't have to move far :D

Hurt like hell though....during, after and still today. Never did get the surgery they suggested.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I'm reading that he'll miss at least 3 weeks and then need surgery after the season. My daughters knee cap was dislocated a 2nd time a couple of years later but she never had the surgery and hasn't had a problem with it in the last 25 years. I think she cut back on dancing. :D

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
DeSean is expected to be ruled out later today.

Singletary is expected to play this week.

No practice today for Herndon.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld.com

• According to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, all injured Cowboys with the exception of CB Anthony Brown (hamstring) are expected to play in Sunday's Week 7 game against the Eagles.

• That puts Randall Cobb (back), La'El Collins (knee), Amari Cooper (quad), Byron Jones (hamstring), Zack Martin (ankle, back) and Tyron Smith (ankle)—all among the team's walking wounded—tentatively on track to suit up Sunday in an all-important divisional game against the hated Eagles. The Cowboys know the stakes—a fourth straight loss would put them on extremely shaky ground—and plan to have their full arsenal available Sunday, even if stars like Cooper and Smith are less than 100 percent. The 8:20 PM ET start time Sunday adds a layer of risk, though it seems Cooper and the rest of the Cowboys' walking wounded will try to gut this one out.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Confirming Cook is out as is Tre'Quan Smith and of course Kamara and Brees. Dam we are short handed vs Da Bears.

David Johnson is a GTD.

Vernon Davis is out and should quit.

Singletary and Kroft were both left off of the injury report.

Chris Thompson is out paving the way for AP all day.

Marqise Lee is out.

Remote Controller

Confirming Cook is out as is Tre'Quan Smith and of course Kamara and Brees. Dam we are short handed vs Da Bears.

David Johnson is a GTD.

Vernon Davis is out and should quit.

Singletary and Kroft were both left off of the injury report.

Chris Thompson is out paving the way for AP all day.

Marqise Lee is out.
Sadly Davis stays healthier than Reed

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
  • Patriots TE Ryan Izzo (concussion) isn't expected to play in Week 7 against the Jets.
    Izzo doesn't have enough time to clear the concussion protocol after getting injured in Thursday's practice. He'll miss his first game of the season, leaving the Patriots thin at tight end with Matt LaCosse (knee) also in doubt. Ben Watson should see heavy snaps in his debut on Monday night.

Source: Boston Globe