NFL week 6, in and out and other injuries

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Jay Gruden is out as head coach of the Redskins.

Bill Callahan has been promoted to interim head coach.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
  • According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Phillip Dorsett's hamstring strain is considered "minor."
    Dorsett suffered the injury early in Sunday's win over the Redskins. The Pats view him as "week to week," essentially ruling him out for Thursday's contest against the Giants. It's a missed opportunity for Dorsett, who could have done serious damage against a soft New York secondary. Without him, Jakobi Meyers should work in three-wide sets alongside slot receiver Julian Edelman and chief downfield threat Josh Gordon.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Bill Callahan declined to name a starting QB Monday. Where have we heard that before? :) He did however say that it would not be the rookie.

John Harbaugh said Monday that Marquise Brown's ankle injury is "nothing serious."

Adam Gase said he needs to evaluate Chris Herndon in practice before activating him to the 53-man roster.

Mason Rudolph (concussion) is in the league's protocol.

Ian Rapoport reports Jaguars TE James O'Shaughnessy (torn ACL) is out for the season.

Doug Pederson said DeSean Jackson (abdomen) is still rehabbing but "getting close" to returning.

All of the above headlines are from rotoworld.com

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
I think he's fresh off his suspension, but I was cruising through Twitter and happened to see on Benjamin Watson's Twitter account that he was released by the Patriots

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I'll be away more than I am here for the next week Khan/PhiCin. I'll chip in when I can but y'all cover this for me as best as time allows. Thanks in advance.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I'll be away more than I am here for the next week Khan/PhiCin. I'll chip in when I can but y'all cover this for me as best as time allows. Thanks in advance.
I am in Lima Ohio right now running plant trials, so I won't be here a ton. But will cover as I can

Phicinfan

Administrator
I think he's fresh off his suspension, but I was cruising through Twitter and happened to see on Benjamin Watson's Twitter account that he was released by the Patriots
Rumor has Patriots talking to Bengals trying to get Eifert

Phicinfan

Administrator
La'el Collins OT Dallas has a sprained MCL and is week to week
Titans sign Cody Parkey to replace Cairos Cantos
NYG Sterling Sheppard has another concussion his second this season
Cleveland activated Antonio Callaway for game tonight
A.J. Green already ruled out for week 6 by HC Zac Taylor
Mason Rudolph Qb Pit was back at facility
So Washington fired Jay Gruden, elevated Callahan, Bruce Allen says Callahan has final say on Qb and Callahan says it Won't be Haskins
Oh they also still won't trade Trent Williams OT who is holding out

MongerKhan

Staff member
Cam Newton will not travel to London with the team. He has shed his walking boot and there are indications he could play in a couple weeks.

Saquon Barkley, Evan Engram are Highly Questionable on a short week. Wayne Gallman Jr. will not play this week

MongerKhan

Staff member
The rumor mill is spinning again

Apparently the Patriots and the Saints are both very interested in trading for Bengals wide receiver AJ Green.

The Bengals are also considering offers on Tyler Eifert

Phicinfan

Administrator
Ok here is more news:
Per reports no Barkley or Engram for NYG this week, but Shurmer is saying he didn't say that...
Jaylen Samuels is out for a month after getting his knee scoped
Gronk signs with Fox sports

MongerKhan

Staff member
Jets tight end Chris Herndon, who was expected to make his return from suspension this week, pulled his hamstring in practice today and is doubtful for this week