NFL week 10, in, out and other news

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
NYG Te Even Engram has been held out of practice due to foot injury. He had an MRI and that has been sent to Dr. Anderson in Green Bay that is handling Cam Newton's foot issues - this does not look good.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Eagles sign Wr Jordan Matthews
Bengals expect A.J. Green to play this week - that might help the rookie Qb
Hilton is doubtful this week

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
A wee bit more on PhiCin's above post...

Evan Engram has been diagnosed with a mid-foot sprain and is considered "week to week."

Engram is in a walking boot. "Mid-foot" is Lisfranc territory. As we remember, Cam Newton was diagnosed with a "mid-foot" sprain back in Week 2 and hasn't played since and is done for the season. Rhett Ellison will be the Giants tight end moving forward while Golden Tate is the No. 1 pass-game option.

Source: Dan Duggan on Twitter

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
ESPN's Todd Archer reports Amari Cooper (knee) is expected to play in Week 10 against the Vikings.

Cooper (unbeknownst to media) suffered a knee injury in practice last week and re-aggravated it after stumping his knee into the turf Monday night. He missed practice on Wednesday but will reportedly suit up under the lights against Minnesota. The 25-year-old has now fought through heel, ankle, quadriceps, and knee injuries this year but has still performed admirably in ranking No. 8 in receiving yards (701) on a team-high 57 targets. He's a WR1 if officially active Sunday night.

Source: Todd Archer on Twitter

Phicinfan

Administrator
A.J. Green now day to day, evidently he went through the walk through and had some issues still...

Like no contract, I wonder.....

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
SNY's Ralph Vacchiano reports the Giants are "seriously considering" placing Sterling Shepard on injured reserve for concussion-like symptoms.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
SNY's Ralph Vacchiano reports the Giants are "seriously considering" placing Sterling Shepard on injured reserve for concussion-like symptoms.
I think its shenanigans that this doesn't happen more often. Every one I know that has been diagnosed with a concussion has had related problems for months after. I don't know or understand how these football players are routinely getting concussed and then back playing a week or two later.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Amari Cooper (knee) is visiting a doctor to go over his MRI and won't practice Thursday.

He is still expected to play this week unless...