NFL Rumors, News and in/out - NFL owners meeting pre-draft

hikeNbike

Is it possible Mack Jones to Baltimore without Lamar coming back? That at least gives the Ravens a QB to start the season and if the Patriots are serious about moving to Zappe it doesn't make much sense to have Mack on the roster as a backup. Just creates unneeded drama. Personally think the Patriots best hope for future success is to be bad for a season and get a high pick they can use on a QB. But I feel like Belechecks coaching will make it hard to be so bad they pick at the top. Feels like with that defense and Belicheck their floor is too high even if their ceiling isn't very high. Now if Belicheck would agree to take a year off and let O'Brien coach for a year I think that could get the job done.

hikeNbike

Agree it's a mystery. I think he would be huge for several teams it just becomes a matter of if someone is willing to spend an early pick on a Rb. As far as talent he is a top 10 talent in this draft.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
MIA - willing to trade WR Cedric Wilson
OBJ - looking for 1 year deal - roughly $15 million - good luck Sir
MIN - Vikings newer stadium just released it will need $280 million in the next decade for upkeep and and maintenance - was just built in 2017....
PHI - before resigning with Philly, Darius Slay was very, very close to signing with Baltimore
ATL - per HC Arthur Smith - the team is very, very excited about Desmond Ridder, which is why they have not made a move to get Lamar Jackson
SF - Brock Purdy stated his rehab is going as planned, and per that schedule he will start throwing at 3 months
NBA - has a new CBA - part allows players to invest in NBA team ownership, as well as dismissing testing for Marijuana
BUF - James Cook is switching his number to 4 to match his brother
ATL - signing OL Josh Miles
TEN - signed 2 players to 1 year deals - TE Trevon Wesco and OL Corey Levin
IND - signed TE Pharaoh Brown
CIN - signed LB Tarell Brown

efactor

Coming at you
MIA - willing to trade WR Cedric Wilson
What! That’s insane. Wilson had almost 150 yards receiving last year and only counts 8 million against the cap this year. Why would they be willing to move Ced? I thought Miami was all in for a championship run. That’s just crazy talk. 2 first rounders at minimum.
OBJ - looking for 1 year deal - roughly $15 million - good luck Sir
Sucks for OBJ that Ced Wilson is suddenly available for only 8 million. But on the plus side, OBJ won’t cost massive draft capital to acquire.

Phicinfan

Administrator
DEN - Tim Patrick has been fully cleared from his torn ACL last year

Phicinfan

Administrator
TEN/LVR - rumors from NFL.com have both Tennessee and Las Vegas potentially trading to #3 to get QB of the future. I don't buy the Raiders due to $$$ spent on Jimmy G. However, Tennessee could be legit, to get in front of AFC South competitor Indy.
PHI - sign DT Kentavius Street
LAR - HC McVay says again Matthey Stafford will have no limitations this off season and he is already throwing and getting ready.
BAL - reports out that Ravens have made an offer to OBJ
DEN - Faion Hicks DB has been arrested in Florida. He is facing 3 charges worst of which is a 3rd degree felony for carrying a concealed weapon
JAC - Jaguars OT Cole Van Lanen signs his RFA tender
MIN - Vikings report Dalvin Cook is on schedule from his rehab for shoulder surgery
JAC - waive RB Mekhi Sargent
GB - HC Matt LaFleur is looking for some veteran presence in the WR room

hikeNbike

Hmmm. Don't the Ravens seem like a horrible fit for OBJ? If he doesn't get the ball he is going to be a distraction and the Ravens aren't exactly the model of stability at QB at the moment. They do need receivers no doubt but I'm not sure OBJ is the right one for them even if they have Lamar but especially if they don't.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Hmmm. Don't the Ravens seem like a horrible fit for OBJ? If he doesn't get the ball he is going to be a distraction and the Ravens aren't exactly the model of stability at QB at the moment. They do need receivers no doubt but I'm not sure OBJ is the right one for them even if they have Lamar but especially if they don't.
My fear is Baltimore is going to be a dumpster fire. Potential Lamar Jackson hold out, cap strapped, no real offense and Defense isn't what it was. They better hope RBs are back and healthy, or this could be a very, very bad year here

hikeNbike

Also veteran presence at wr in gb has been a lot of the problem. They keep relying on these over the hill vets, let the rookies play and learn. With Love and Watson and Doubs, there is a lot to like with letting them grow into their roles. I think if anything they ought to think about taking a Wr in the draft. Like the TCU wideout his name escapes me at the moment. But he feels like a true #1 receiver and Watson would be an awesome 2 with Doubs at three. If I'm the Packers GM I'd consider taking a wideout and a tight end early and not just to annoy Rogers. Feels like their defense is very good, yes adding Dbs is always good but Is upgrade the offense so Love is in position to succeed. Granted we don't know if he is good or not yet, but at least with weapons around him that gives him a chance.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Also veteran presence at wr in gb has been a lot of the problem. They keep relying on these over the hill vets, let the rookies play and learn. With Love and Watson and Doubs, there is a lot to like with letting them grow into their roles. I think if anything they ought to think about taking a Wr in the draft. Like the TCU wideout his name escapes me at the moment. But he feels like a true #1 receiver and Watson would be an awesome 2 with Doubs at three. If I'm the Packers GM I'd consider taking a wideout and a tight end early and not just to annoy Rogers. Feels like their defense is very good, yes adding Dbs is always good but Is upgrade the offense so Love is in position to succeed. Granted we don't know if he is good or not yet, but at least with weapons around him that gives him a chance.
I don't totally disagree. I do think Watson and Doubs were proving themselves. I also think to have a solid Vet, who Love can rely on to be where they are supposed to be that can be huge. That being said the loss of Tonyan and Lazard is huge IMO for Love.

Phicinfan

Administrator
WAS - Magic Johnson confirms he is part of Josh Harris ownership group and their bid is in
LVR - sign QB Brian Hoyer to a two year deal
GB - resigning S Dallin Leavitt
NE - reports out from "inside sources" that Patriots are tying to shop Mac Jones, supposedly Tenn, Washington, Raiders, Texans and Buccaneers
- this is also supposedly due to the fact Mac Jones evidently got really ticked with a lack of offensive Coor. last year and even reached out to Alabama to see if they could influence some decisions with the Patriots. Reports are Belichick is really ticked at Jones
CLE - Browns fear WR Michael Jones may have torn his achilles in workouts with Watson this off-season

Phicinfan

Administrator
CAR - sign FA LB Kamu Grugier-Hill
CLE - confirm ruptured Achilles for WR Michael Jones

Phicinfan

Administrator
Here we go folks....
Former Cardinal Executive Tim McDonough is now accusing owner Bill Bidwell of cheating - including being forced to use burner cell phones to be in contact with suspended GM Keim for situations and other accusations......

efactor

Coming at you
Here we go folks....
Former Cardinal Executive Tim McDonough is now accusing owner Bill Bidwell of cheating - including being forced to use burner cell phones to be in contact with suspended GM Keim for situations and other accusations......
The way of the world these days. Everybody has to air dirty laundry.