NFL - Quarterback review - mid 2020 season - already preparing for draft?

efactor

Coming at you
Oh God, this gets better and better....
No trade clause, No Tag clause
4 year $160 million total package - $126 million guaranteed.
Contract salary averages $42 million a year in the first three years
$75 million in the first year(hell of a signing bonus...) and $66 million overall signing bonus.

o_O😁🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's a lot of scratch

Good for Dak. Not so sure good for Cowboys. Between Dak, Cooper and Zeke, that's a ton of money tied up in 3 players

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
The only good thing I see is the cowgirls paying alot of it up front in year 1.

Less of a hit if he sucks arse still after 2 or 3 yeara

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
The only good thing I see is the cowgirls paying alot of it up front in year 1.

Less of a hit if he sucks arse still after 2 or 3 yeara
Had to be that way, since he insisted on a no trade and no tag clauses.

Mike

Administrator
Oh God, this gets better and better....
No trade clause, No Tag clause
4 year $160 million total package - $126 million guaranteed.
Contract salary averages $42 million a year in the first three years
$75 million in the first year(hell of a signing bonus...) and $66 million overall signing bonus.

o_O😁🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I think this will prove to be a bad decision for the team. That said, in terms of PR, it was the only thing Jerry could do. The fallout for not signing Dak would have been a nightmare.

Phicinfan

Administrator
there seems to be a whole lot of smoke on Russell Wilson and Seattle. I mean a whole lot.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Reports are Patriots are re-signing Qb Cam Newton to a one year deal

efactor

Coming at you
Sean Payton saying it's an open competition between Hill and Jameis

Kamara owners better hope for Jameis. Hill will vulture a lot of those short TDs Kamara used to get

Phicinfan

Administrator
WFT - signs Ryan Fitzpatrick(formerly dolphins) one year $10 million.
Per HC - competition will be between Fitzmagic and Heinicke.

So not drafting a Qb??? or drafting later?

Phicinfan

Administrator
FA starts today a 4pm - but lets see what has happened post the "tampering" period:

AFC:
East:
Bills
- No - Josh Allen
Patriots - YES - Yes, they resigned Cam - 1 year. He is NOT the answer - they have something in mind IMO.
Jets - Maybe - IMO one of two things happen - they deal Darnold, or they deal #2 to someone for major picks
Dolphins - No - Tua this year is the deal, signed Brissett as back up to mentor him.
North:
Steelers
- YES - Ben is back on a 1 year deal basically. Need Qb of future this year or next.
Ravens - No - Lamar Jackson
Browns - No - Baker Mayfield
Bengals - No - Joe Burrow
South:
Titans
- No - Ryan Tannehill
Colts - No- Carson Wentz is the Qb. This may mean someone's job.
Texans - YES - Calling it now, Watson is gone. Signed Tyrod Taylor for insurance only on one year deal.
Jaguars - YES - Welcome to the NFL Trevor Lawrence
West:
Chiefs
- No - Patrick Mahomes
Raiders - No - Derek Carr
Broncos - Maybe - Drew Lock - but would not be surprised of they take someone if they are there in draft
Chargers - No - Justin Herbert

NFC:
East:
Football Team
- YES - This year will be Ryan Fitzgerald or Taylor Heinicke. Next? Depends on what happens in draft IMO.
Giants - No - prove it year for Daniel Jones
Eagles - No - Jalen Hurts
Cowboys - No - Dak Prescott
North:
Packers
- No - Aaron Rodgers
Bears - YES - Andy Dalton - if you think this is the answer you are crazy
Vikings - No - Kirk Cousins
Lions - No - Jarod Goff - they need tools for him to use, not drafting another younger Qb
South:
Saints
- Maybe - Taysom Hill or Jameis Winston - will talk this further down.
Buccaneers
- No - Tom Brady
Falcons - No - Matt Ryan
Panthers - Maybe - Teddy Bridgewater - I think something is in the works, but for now they are "in" on Bridgewater...
West:
Seahawks
- No - Russell Wilson - this is locked....or is it?
Rams - No - Matthew Stafford
Cardinals - No - Kyler Murray
49ers - Maybe? - Jimmy Garoppolo - but not sure here, have seen way too many reports saying they want to walk away.... were heavily in on Stafford talks.

FA Qbs are : None really left

Qbs in draft
Trevor Lawrence Clemson - Jaguars
Zach Wilson BYU
Justin Fields Ohio State
Trey Lance North Dakota State
Mac Jones Alabama
Kyle Trask Florida

So hear me out, I think there is going to be a big move in this draft. Maybe prior to draft.

Jets - they totally control this draft - I have no doubt if they go Qb at #2 - Darnold will get them a 2nd or 3rd round pick. By waiting til draft day, they drive up the price. Kudos to new Jets management.

Saints - for all of you who think this is a done deal and Winston will be the man...READ BETWEEN THE LINES - He was signed on a ONE year deal. They could have reduced cap more by signing him longer. They did not. They DID extend Taysom Hill - making moving him a no go. So will Taysom Hill be the starter? No. I smell a twist here. Just saying... a deal here with Seattle to get Russell Wilson and send them Winston could be done... Just in the last interview I heard from Sean Payton he said yeah we are set at Qb EXCEPT for some few things..... I am so looking forward to near draft time...

Steelers - I get they have Ben this year, but they won't next. they HAVE to address this situation this or next year.

Panthers - I see a trade at draft. I think they move up to get #2 or get Darnold. I think this is the team to do it.

Broncos and Washington - this is let the draft fall as it does. If a QB they like is at their pick they will do it, otherwise they stick with what they have.

Phicinfan

Administrator
As I thought, latest reports are Carolina is making a HUGE push to get Deshaun Watson from Houston. Per a source he is plan A,B and C for QB for Carolina.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Per reports - Bears offered Seattle 3 first round picks, a 3rd round pick and two current starters(those names not shared). - per Dan Patrick

efactor

Coming at you
Per reports - Bears offered Seattle 3 first round picks, a 3rd round pick and two current starters(those names not shared). - per Dan Patrick
It's not the 3 first rounders that matter, it's where the first 3 rounders are. If say, the Jets offered 3 first rounders, I think Seattle would have jumped on it. But if Wilson went to Chicago, those 3 first rounders will all be later round picks.

Always annoys me when this isn't pointed out when the media talks about these hypothetical trades

Phicinfan

Administrator
It's not the 3 first rounders that matter, it's where the first 3 rounders are. If say, the Jets offered 3 first rounders, I think Seattle would have jumped on it. But if Wilson went to Chicago, those 3 first rounders will all be later round picks.

Always annoys me when this isn't pointed out when the media talks about these hypothetical trades
Well I assume they think it is obvious, and quite frankly it is. It didn't help that Russell Wilson's agent released team names that simply don't have the draft pick capital to make it worth while for Seattle to move him.

Phicinfan

Administrator
San Francisco just traded 3 #1 picks and a 3rd rounder this year to get the #3 pick from Miami. Assuming Jets go Zach Wilson, are they trading up for Justin Fields, or Trey Lance or Mac Jones? Lance maybe?

efactor

Coming at you
San Francisco just traded 3 #1 picks and a 3rd rounder this year to get the #3 pick from Miami. Assuming Jets go Zach Wilson, are they trading up for Justin Fields, or Trey Lance or Mac Jones? Lance maybe?
Ugggggggg

Would feel better if I knew they were going to get Wilson. But guess they are happy with Fields. Can't imagine the move up is for Lance (despite the rumors) but will make for an interesting draft day.

Will be interesting to see if Jimmy stays this year or if the rumors of him going back to NE are valid. Assuming good health, the 49er roster is really good, so hard to believe they entrust this season to a rookie.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Ugggggggg

Would feel better if I knew they were going to get Wilson. But guess they are happy with Fields. Can't imagine the move up is for Lance (despite the rumors) but will make for an interesting draft day.

Will be interesting to see if Jimmy stays this year or if the rumors of him going back to NE are valid. Assuming good health, the 49er roster is really good, so hard to believe they entrust this season to a rookie.
Or they deal Garoppolo to NE or Chicago or WFT for picks??