NFL News, rumors - In/Out week 5

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
SEA - Rashaad Penny missing practice with a shoulder issue
LAR - So during last Monday nights game, a fan broke onto the field with a smoke flare, LB Bobby Wagner flattened him, and now that fan is filing police charges against Wagner - some people don't know when to quit
MIA - reports out that the investigation into Tua and his concussions should be completed by this week
NO - Alvin Kamara expects to play this week
ARI - Matt Praeter out this week
LVR - Hunter Renfrow back at practice
NYG - Daniel Jones back at practice - says his ankle feels good

Remote Controller

I'm so tired hearing something about Aaron Rodgers everyday. Today he is not a fan of the London trip. smh Shut, support your young players, and play ball.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I'm so tired hearing something about Aaron Rodgers everyday. Today he is not a fan of the London trip. smh Shut, support your young players, and play ball.
He also has a story out that his decision on if he comes back next year or not will depend on how the young Wrs develop. Nothing like throwing rookies under the bus.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
I really wish you all would realize sports media lies and stretches the truth just as much as regular news. That's not what he said.

He said he didnt agree with flying over so late (Thursday night) and then playing Sunday then still having a game next week. You know, like it used to be before when the England game teams had a bye the following week?

If you two ACTUALLY want to hear what he said word for word go watch his weekly Tuesday interview with Pat McAfee available on YouTube instead of the cut up sound bytes and taken out of context statements.

I can even link it if you 2 like.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I really wish you all would realize sports media lies and stretches the truth just as much as regular news. That's not what he said.

He said he didnt agree with flying over so late (Thursday night) and then playing Sunday then still having a game next week. You know, like it used to be before when the England game teams had a bye the following week?

If you two ACTUALLY want to hear what he said word for word go watch his weekly Tuesday interview with Pat McAfee available on YouTube instead of the cut up sound bytes and taken out of context statements.

Well first I wasn't saying anything about the trip to Europe. I was merely calling out a report on PFT that stated he will be basing his decision on how the young WRs develop, among other key factors. So no, I don't need your link as I don't care

Phicinfan

Administrator
PHI - Eagles don't think Jake Elliot will play Sunday
BUF - Isaiah McKenzie back at practice today
PHI - OT Jordan Mailata got good news, the shoulder injury is not significant and there is a slight chance he could play this week

efactor

Coming at you
IND - Jonathan Taylor OUT tomorrow

Yeah, it's like when I click on Yahoo to check my email and see the headlines on their front page. The headline never actually matches the story.

Libs hate Rodgers so everything he says is blown out of proportion.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Hines better not return to this game. That was awful to watch. Fight or flight kicked in hard because he had no idea where he was.

On a side note, I'm wondering if there is an issue with this years helmets not providing enough protection. Maybe a design flaw or something. It seems like ugly, horrible head injuries are way up so far this year.

Link of aftermath for those of you not watching.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Administrator
They went to a new design and players have stated they don’t work. Then they implemented the extra caps for practice and still have issues

Phicinfan

Administrator
Kyle Pitts out week 5
Jahan Dotson out week 5
Dawson Knox out week 5
Cameron Brate out week 5
Daniel Jones will play
Zay Jones will play
Treylon Burks out week 5
Keenan Allen out week 5

Phicinfan

Administrator
Fallout from early week 5 games....
BAL - will lose S Marcus Williams for a significant time due to dislocated wrist
GB - Packers are having internal spats - Rodgers isn't happy, Jaire Alexander isn't happy, and both Rbs are ticked that they didn't get a shot needing 2 yards late.
CIN - lost WR Tee Higgins early in game due to ankle injury
TRADE - ATL and CLE - Falcons trade Deion Jones LB to Browns for an unknown late draft pick
DAL - Dak Prescott says he is day to day and will have a follow up visit with Dr on Tuesday. Meanwhile Cooper Rush is undefeated this year....
CAR - post game Baker Mayfield was in a boot and stated he had a left ankle injury - severity not known yet
SF - 49ers have some significant injuries - CB Emmanuel Moseley is believed to have torn his ACL, and S Jimmie Ward broke his hand. Nick Bosa also has a groin issue, and Robbie Gould K to a knee injury
DET - Saivion Smith S was taken off the field in an ambulance with a neck injury in the game - but is responsive and can move all his arms and legs
SEA - Rashaad Penny will miss time with a broken tibia, surgery planned soon
MIA - Tyreek Hill has a foot injury, to go with his quad injury - seen in walking boot post game
MIA - Teddy Bridgewater left game due to concussion protocol - was cleared but due to updated protocol he was kept out
TB - just my personal opinion, but I think the Buccaneers are paying off the ref - that roughing the passer call in the 4th qtr was BS, and it cost the game.
PIT - lost TE Pat Freiermuth to a concussion during the game
NO - lost WR Chris Olave to a concussion as well
NE - RB Damien Harris left game early due to hamstring injury
CLE - Deshaun Watson can return to the team facility starting today - can lift and participate in conditioning drills
FA WR Odell Beckham Jr says mid-November return a real chance
DEN - reports out that Russell Wilson has been struggling with a shoulder injury - the injury supposedly happened during the Raiders game - he got treatment last week with PRP shot(platement rich shot) for his latissimus dorsi muscle in the back throwing shoulder
PIT - T.J. Watt's return will be delayed as he had some arthroscopic knee surgery to clean up an injury he got pre-season

Phicinfan

Administrator
TRADE - ATL and CLE - Falcons trade Deion Jones LB to Browns for an unknown late draft pick
Trade has been announced - ATL gets 2024 6th round pick and Browns get Deion Jones and a 2024 7th rd pick