NFL News, rumors and updates - post combine, pre-draft thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
One wonders like PFT is, could the Chiefs swing some of these picks they got for Hill and talk to say Seattle about DK Metcalf or Lockett?

Phicinfan

Administrator
So new contract for Tyreek Hill is 4 years $120 million, but 4th year is NOT guaranteed. So basically 3 year $75 million - which in 3 year average is higher than Adams got. $51 million guaranteed up front for Hill.

efactor

Coming at you
Yeah he will have NO excuses after all this, with O-line fixes and Wr help, no excuse
I have seen the "no excuses" for Tua spin on several sites. People act like he is going into his 5th or 6th year. The guy played about half his first season because of the injury in college. So one full year and the "excuses are over" spin is in play? He hasn't really been given the opportunity to even need excuses yet 🤷‍♂️

The Dolphins won 9 games last year, so not like he sucked as basically a rookie QB. Parker missed 6 games and parts of several others last year. Fuller out essentially the whole year. Waddle as a rookie and Geiseki was pretty much it. No real running game.

This team has a ton of speed. Going to be fun to watch

maverick824

I have seen the "no excuses" for Tua spin on several sites. People act like he is going into his 5th or 6th year. The guy played about half his first season because of the injury in college. So one full year and the "excuses are over" spin is in play? He hasn't really been given the opportunity to even need excuses yet 🤷‍♂️

The Dolphins won 9 games last year, so not like he sucked as basically a rookie QB. Parker missed 6 games and parts of several others last year. Fuller out essentially the whole year. Waddle as a rookie and Geiseki was pretty much it. No real running game.

This team has a ton of speed. Going to be fun to watch

Narrative is worse for him since one of the other QB's drafted in his class just went to the Super Bowl in Year 2 after tearing an ACL and the other was the Rookie of the Year and has posted two pretty amazing seasons despite not being declared a Day 1 starter. Excuses for QB's not having talent around them are thin, and it's proven they can produce quickly if they have the talent. If you're great, it shows pretty quick. Injuries have hampered him, but I'm not sold on him for the product he's displayed ON the field when he's been able to stay there.

efactor

Coming at you
Narrative is worse for him since one of the other QB's drafted in his class just went to the Super Bowl in Year 2 after tearing an ACL and the other was the Rookie of the Year and has posted two pretty amazing seasons despite not being declared a Day 1 starter. Excuses for QB's not having talent around them are thin, and it's proven they can produce quickly if they have the talent. If you're great, it shows pretty quick. Injuries have hampered him, but I'm not sold on him for the product he's displayed ON the field when he's been able to stay there.
I get it, but a lot of people were surprised they went Tua there over Herbert because of the hip injury and the arm strength issue.

I'm not saying he will be great either, but I can't really say he disappointed last year based on the situation. Herbert has been great and not his fault the Dolphins couldn't see he was the better prospect. The "no more excuses" narrative just seems like of rushed at this point.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I get it, but a lot of people were surprised they went Tua there over Herbert because of the hip injury and the arm strength issue.

I'm not saying he will be great either, but I can't really say he disappointed last year based on the situation. Herbert has been great and not his fault the Dolphins couldn't see he was the better prospect. The "no more excuses" narrative just seems like of rushed at this point.
Got news for you, it’s the teams opinion, not just experts. Go see the press conference with Bridgewater and how he can’t comment on if he is the back up or not. Excuses for Tua are as many as those comments on disappointment. This is the year he has to produce or they will move on. I give them credit, with Hill and Waddle and O-line fixes they are supporting him.

Phicinfan

Administrator
TEN - re-signing Lb Ola Adeniyi and Lb Dylan Cole
MIN - signing OL Dakota Dozier and Fb Khari Blasingame
WAS - re-signing Danny Johnson Cb, signing DL Efe Obada
HOU - signing Fb Andy Janovich
DAL - re-signing DT Carlos Watkins, DL Dorance Armstrong and Te Jeremy Sprinkle
SEA - agreed to terms with Cb Justin Coleman
CAR - re-signed Cb Rashaan Melvin
LAR - bring back Qb John Wolford on ERFA tender
NE - Cb Malcolm Butler returning to Patriots on a 2 year deal
CLE - reports out that Cleveland is not looking for a 1st rd pick for Mayfield - no kidding.....
SF - re-signing Rb Jeff Wilson, DL Jordan Willis and Cb Dontae Johnson
NYG - signing DT Justin Ellis
Amazon - formally announced the pair of Al Michaels and Kirk Herbstreit as their Thursday night crew

maverick824

CLE - reports out that Cleveland is not looking for a 1st rd pick for Mayfield - no kidding.....
Anyone else see the potential of Cleveland not finding a suitor for him, and him sitting this year out? Feel like this is slowly headed in this direction. Carolina and Seattle are really only two obvious fits at this point, Carolina on record as saying not interested, and Seattle seems content with Lock (can't understand why). If there's any heat to them considering moving Metcalf/Lockett, can't see them giving up draft capital for a QB.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Anyone else see the potential of Cleveland not finding a suitor for him, and him sitting this year out? Feel like this is slowly headed in this direction. Carolina and Seattle are really only two obvious fits at this point, Carolina on record as saying not interested, and Seattle seems content with Lock (can't understand why). If there's any heat to them considering moving Metcalf/Lockett, can't see them giving up draft capital for a QB.
Had they not already signed Bridgewater, I think Miami could have been a great fit, let the two youngsters fight it out.
Carolina doesn't make sense as they are stuck with Darnold and his contract, can't eat Mayfield's as well.
Seattle may just be playing here. If they don't get what they want in the draft, they may make a move then.

But no, I don't see Cleveland sitting on him. If they can't get a buyer, they will probably cut after June 1st to reduce the hit.

efactor

Coming at you
Got news for you, it’s the teams opinion, not just experts. Go see the press conference with Bridgewater and how he can’t comment on if he is the back up or not. Excuses for Tua are as many as those comments on disappointment. This is the year he has to produce or they will move on. I give them credit, with Hill and Waddle and O-line fixes they are supporting him.
Bridgewater is the back-up. If he can’t see that, he’s in denial ;)

Phicinfan

Administrator
CHI - Bears signing Bills OG Ryan Bates RFA to an offer sheet. Bills will have days to match
DAL - Cowboys hiring Brian Schottenheimer as an asst. coach

Phicinfan

Administrator
Bridgewater is the back-up. If he can’t see that, he’s in denial ;)
There are many who assume Bridgewater will be starting by mid-season. I can't tell you how many stories I hear stating their lack of faith in Tua. I don't get it, but evidently ownership at least has no faith in him.

Phicinfan

Administrator
IND - Colts restructures Matt Ryan's contract for cap help
MIA - release Allen Hurns and OL Jesse Davis
SF - sign DL Kerry Hyder

Phicinfan

Administrator
I am also hearing KC and at least one other team has reached out to Seattle about DK Metcalf and or Lockett

Phicinfan

Administrator
CHI - Trevor Siemian has been signed to a 2 year deal - Foles??
DEN - signed OL Billy Turner
LVR - signs Lb Jayon Brown, S Duron Harmon
DEN - had a fire in their stadium, some seats and a few boxes were damaged
KC - will be host to the 2023 NFL draft - April 27-29
PHI - Eagles re-sign DL Derek Barnett to a 2 year deal
MIA - several teams have reached out to Dolphins about trading for DeVante Parker
BUF - re-sign Taiwan Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.