NFL News, rumors and updates - post combine, pre-draft thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
CAR - signing Lb Cory Littleton
HOU - re-signing Lb Kamu Grugier-Hill
CLE - fall out from trading for Watson - Team says it did full due diligence on Watson, but Buzbee says team never talked to him or any of the 22 litigants
CLE - more fall out - Per reports Baker Mayfield fully intended to not play for Browns and was going to boycott - which forced the team to push again with Watson and offer bigger deal
CLE - Browns are trying to re-sign Jadeveon Clowney and Jarvis Landry
TEN - re-sign K Randy Bullock and Rb Dontrell Hilliard
GB - re-signs Te Robert Tonyan to one year deal
CLE - restructuring Amari Cooper's contract for cap help - that was fast.... Not sure Cleveland's front office is really on the ball....
GB - also re-sign Cb Rasul Douglas on 3 year deal
NE - DE Henry Anderson agreed to a pay cut to remain with the team
NO - per reports Taysom Hill will not be part of the Qb situation in Saints land, so they only have Ian Book and Blake Bortles right now....
DEN - agrees to terms with Lb Alex Singleton, also restructured Tim Patrick's deal for $4.6 million in cap savings
DAL - signing Dante Fowler and James Washington
DEN - signs Qb Josh Johnson
ARI - re-signing Lb Ezekiel Turner

Phicinfan

Administrator
ATL - agreed to terms with Lb Lorenzo Carter, supposedly still talking trading Matt Ryan with some teams

Phicinfan

Administrator
NYG - signing Rb Matt Breida
BUF - signing Matt Barkley Qb to compete with Case Keenum

Phicinfan

Administrator
Colts and Falcons in deep talks to trade Matt Ryan - I am taking credit for this, I posted this idea a loooongg time ago...... ;)

Phicinfan

Administrator
Colts and Falcons in deep talks to trade Matt Ryan - I am taking credit for this, I posted this idea a loooongg time ago...... ;)
Its official, Colts send 2022 3rd round pick to Atlanta for Matt Ryan.... Game in the AFC just got that much harder...

Phicinfan

Administrator
ATL - Per trade reports, Falcons are looking at Marcus Mariota as a possible replacement

efactor

Coming at you
Its official, Colts send 2022 3rd round pick to Atlanta for Matt Ryan.... Game in the AFC just got that much harder...
Man, Ryan looked washed in the games I saw him last year.

Rivers to Wentz to Ryan. Who's next years reclamation project?

Remote Controller

I like the move for Atlanta (48Mil), and I feel this is a smart move for Indy with the surrounding cast they have. It is a better option than Jimmy G or Mayfield in my opinion.

efactor

Coming at you
I like the move for Atlanta (48Mil), and I feel this is a smart move for Indy with the surrounding cast they have. It is a better option than Jimmy G or Mayfield in my opinion.
We'll see I guess

I thought Ryan looked really bad last year. Maybe better than Baker and obviously less draft capital. Think Jimmy would have been the best option in that offense. Similar to SF in their strengths and no questions on Jimmy's leadership. Important after the Wentz fiasco. Have never really head anything good or bad on Ryan as far as a team leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.