NFL 2019, Week 2 In or Out and other injury notes

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Foles and Tyreek are out multiple weeks with some reports saying they expect Foles back sooner than the Freak. Look for Tyreek to maybe go on IR?

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Everything I've seen on Tyreek Hill says he'll be back in a few weeks. But who really knows until today.

Interested to see how bad the knee injury is for Chargers wide receiver Mike Williams.

Also interested to see how bad the injury is for Joe Mixon

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Foles and Tyreek are out multiple weeks with some reports saying they expect Foles back sooner than the Freak. Look for Tyreek to maybe go on IR?
Uh, I think it is reversed. Foles is having surgery, and quite possibly is going to short term IR. Freak has same injury Kummerow had and is expected to only miss a few weeks last I heard

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Sirius fantasy sports had the same doctor on last night that they have used every Sunday night for a few years. He predicted what I posted above and went on to say he expects Tyreek to miss 8 weeks minimum while Foles should be back sooner than that since they're repairing his collarbone with a plate and screws which helps stabilize it. I guess we'll know in 2 months or so.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Sirius fantasy sports had the same doctor on last night that they have used every Sunday night for a few years. He predicted what I posted above and went on to say he expects Tyreek to miss 8 weeks minimum while Foles should be back sooner than that since they're repairing his collarbone with a plate and screws which helps stabilize it. I guess we'll know in 2 months or so.
Interesting. I have to wonder if that is true, then both will hit IR, that too will tell us some in the near future.

Walter34

In my local league salary/ keeper, I have Hill which is bad. Spent $15 of a $100 cap.

The good news is that I won week 1 and also have Watkins, Hardman and Kelce. All good!

Phicinfan

Administrator
Okay,
Schefty at ESPN is reporting a few weeks out for Hill, and as I posted elsewhere Foles has been placed on IR and is unable to play for 8 weeks.

Phicinfan

Administrator
WAS - reporting that Derrius Guice Rb is out for a few weeks with a knee injury - not same knee as last years, and not needing surgery, but will miss a couple of games. Time to get your AP on.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Pat Shurmur said Sterling Shepard "may dealing with a concussion."
Rapoport reports JuJu Smith-Schuster (toe) is "expected to be fine" for Week 2.
Pete Carroll wouldn't commit to Will Dissly (knee) playing in Week 2.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Kyle Shanahan said Monday that Tevin Coleman is dealing with a high ankle sprain and will be considered week-to-week after sitting out Sunday's Week 2 contest against Cincinnati, Nick Wagoner of ESPN.com reports.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
  • Sterling Shepard has been placed in the concussion protocol.
    Shepard was evaluated for a concussion on Monday after playing every snap in the season opener. He'll now be in a race to get cleared for Week 2. SNY's Ralph Vacchiano considers Shepard doubtful for Sunday's matchup with Buffalo. Target-hog Evan Engram and Cody Latimer will see even bigger roles if Shepard sits.

Source: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
  • Quincy Enunwa will miss the remainder of the season with a neck injury.
    Not good, especially after Enunwa missed all of 2017 with a neck injury. His career is in serious doubt, though coach Adam Gase wasn't willing to go that far with it. The Jets just signed Enunwa to a multi-year extension last December. He'll be 28 next year. The Jets will move forward with Robby Anderson, Jamison Crowder, and newcomer Demaryius Thomas in three-wide sets. Chris Herndon will be back soon after being suspended the first four games.

Source: New York Post

Phicinfan

Administrator
I had a feeling with him and dropped him in one league I had him

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Trey Burton remains day to day. :rolleyes:

Greg Olsen is officially questionable.

Sean McDermott said Frank Gore remains the Bills' starting running back. Hell he didn't even start week 1. Who is he trying to fool here? Huh?