NFL 2019, Week 12 In or Out and other injury notes

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Coach says Will Fuller will be a GTD this week.

TE Josh Oliver suffered "small fractures" in his back and will miss some time prompting the Jaguars to sign TE Nick O'Leary.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Kitchens said David Njoku is "day to day."

Evan Engram said it's "definitely possible" he could return this week.

Frank Reich said Marlon Mack (hand) underwent procedure Monday morning. Speculation is that he'll miss a "few" weeks.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Frank Reich said T.Y. Hilton (calf) is making "great progress" ahead of their Week 12 matchup against the Texans.

Hilton had reportedly been bugging Reich to get on the field even before this week. There's a long ways to go before he's officially deemed healthy for Thursday night, but it sounds as if he's close to returning to game action for the first time since Week 8. Hilton's participation in practice mid-week will determine how limited he'll be (if at all) if cleared.

Source: Stephen Holder on Twitter

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Tom Pelissero reports James Conner's playing status for this week is "up in the air."

Jordan Wilkins said he feels like he'll "be ready to go" this week.

Adam Schefter reports JuJu Smith-Schuster injured his knee on the same play he suffered a concussion in Week 11 against the Browns.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Just because I find it interesting, due to the elevation in Mexico City Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker is making 71 yard field goals in warmups

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Dolphins running back Mark Walton was arrested for allegedly repeatedly punching his pregnant girlfriend in the face

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Dolphins waived RB Mark Walton.

"We were made aware of a police matter earlier this morning regarding Walton," GM Chris Grier released in a statement. "We hold our players to a high standard and take these matters very seriously. We will have no further comment at this time." Walton's currently suspended until Week 14 for violating the league's personal conduct policy stemming from his three offseason arrests, but this developing incident obviously violates his zero-tolerance second chance. Already with four blemishes on his young resume, it'll be surprising if Walton latches on elsewhere anytime soon. Kalen Ballage will continue falling down as Miami's lead back.

Source: Adam Beasley on Twitter

Fox Sports' Andy Slater reports Mark Walton was arrested Tuesday morning.

Walton is accused of punching his five-week pregnant girlfriend "several times in the face and head" 24 hours after discovering he was the father. He was arrested Tuesday morning in South Florida and promptly waived by the Dolphins. It's Walton's fourth arrest in the past year following his three violations this offseason. It would obviously spell the end of Walton's career if the allegations are proved to be true.

Source: Andy Slater on Twitter

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
ESPN's Mike Reiss reports Rob Gronkowski has no plans to return to football this year.

Even so, Gronk wouldn't rule out the possibility of returning in the future. "I wouldn't say 'never coming back,'" he told ESPN on Tuesday. "I'm 30 years old. I'm young. I still stay fit, still watch the game whenever I can, still enjoy it. I'm feeling good, but you know, one year off could possibly be the case. Or maybe two years off, man." Gronkowski ultimately has until November 30 at 4 PM ET to decide his fate for this year, but his on-screen job for FOX will likely keep him entertained until 2020. He also recently announced plans to host a business-based Super Bowl party in Miami prior to the big game. Gronk seems truly happy in his post-football life, making it less and less likely he'll return to the field anytime soon.

Source: ESPN

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
JuJu Smith-Schuster entered the league's protocol.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said he "doesn't know the availability" of James Conner for Week 12 against the Bengals.

Mike Tomlin said he's "excited about the potential return" of Benny Snell.