NFL 2019, Week 11 In or Out and other injury notes

Remote Controller

Patriots | vRob Gronkowski deadline looming Mon Nov 11, 09:10 AM
Former New England Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski has until Nov. 30 to inform the NFL if he plans to return this season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a done deal IMHO.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Austin Hooper will undergo an MRI on his injured knee.

Gio suffered a sprained knee.

Conner is expected to return for the Steelers for TNF.

Devonta Freeman will undergo an MRI today.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Adam Gase said Chris Herndon (ribs) will be out "an extended amount of time."

Whether he's able to return this season or not, Herndon's sophomore follow-up to his breakout 39/502/4 rookie campaign has been an unmitigated disaster that won't quit. There's a terrific chance he finishes all of 2019 with a single catch for seven yards. Ryan Griffin was previously in on 90.8 percent of New York's offensive snaps heading into Week 10 and makes for a long-shot streamer while Herndon's sidelined.

Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Adam Gase said Chris Herndon (ribs) will be out "an extended amount of time."

Whether he's able to return this season or not, Herndon's sophomore follow-up to his breakout 39/502/4 rookie campaign has been an unmitigated disaster that won't quit. There's a terrific chance he finishes all of 2019 with a single catch for seven yards. Ryan Griffin was previously in on 90.8 percent of New York's offensive snaps heading into Week 10 and makes for a long-shot streamer while Herndon's sidelined.

Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter
Dude can't get out of his own way

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Drew Lock will return to practice from IR this week.

AJ Green is (stop me if you've heard this before) day to day thus says the coach.

Flores said Ryan Fitzpatrick will remain the QB for the "foreseeable future."

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Ty Johnson remains in protocol.

T.Y. Hilton is still being called day to day.

Reich said Jacoby Brissett will start this week if he's a full participant in practice Wednesday.

Patricia said Matthew Stafford is "truly day by day, week to week." HUH? Why not month by month? Jeez!

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
49ers activated TE Garrett Celek (back) off of PUP.

Adding Celek to the team's roster is a strong indication that George Kittle (knee, ankle) won't suit up Monday night against the Seahawks. The 49ers released CB Dontae Johnson in a corresponding roster move.

Source: Matt Barrows on Twitter.

Coach Kliff Kingsbury said David Johnson has "obviously" been hampered by the back and ankle injuries he's been dealing with this season.

Kingsbury added that Johnson is "still working through those and getting a feel for it." More troubling was Kingsbury's admittance that Kenyan Drake worked ahead of Johnson down the stretch because, "We just felt like with Drake, needed to get something going and kept him rolling." The Cardinals' first-year coach said he'll figure out the best role for both Johnson and Drake "over the next few weeks" and then "run with it." Johnson hasn't looked to be anything close to 100% in recent weeks, struggling to get the edge or provide anything resembling his usual burst. It wouldn't be surprising to see Drake work as the offense's lead back sooner rather than later.

Thanks to rotoworld.com for the above stories.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Panthers sign Rb Mike Davis FA
Eagles sign Brandon Brooks OG to a 4 year extension
Arians has said they might re-sign Qb Jameis Winston if he continues to improve

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Tyler Lockett (leg) was hospitalized after Week 10's game against the 49ers.

Lockett had a "pretty severe situation" due to swelling in his leg that threatened blood flow below his leg contusion. Coach Pete Carroll said, "We’re ahead of it so we should be in good shape", but this is obviously something to monitor during the Seahawks' Week 11 bye. If Lockett were to miss time, rookie DK Metcalf and the newly acquired Josh Gordon will be the top receivers while Jacob Hollister adds a pass-catching dimension at tight end. When healthy, Lockett is a boom-or-bust WR1/2.

Source: ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
Tyler Lockett (leg) was hospitalized after Week 10's game against the 49ers.

Lockett had a "pretty severe situation" due to swelling in his leg that threatened blood flow below his leg contusion. Coach Pete Carroll said, "We’re ahead of it so we should be in good shape", but this is obviously something to monitor during the Seahawks' Week 11 bye. If Lockett were to miss time, rookie DK Metcalf and the newly acquired Josh Gordon will be the top receivers while Jacob Hollister adds a pass-catching dimension at tight end. When healthy, Lockett is a boom-or-bust WR1/2.

Source: ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports
I went into my matchup up by 5 pts with E. Sanders and T. Lockett both playing against my opponents C. Carson. I was confident there was no way Carson outscores both Sanders and Lockett by more than 5. As I watched both go down in the first half and Carson get chucks of yds and a TD I knew I had been had!

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Pete Carroll said Tyler Lockett (leg) "should be OK."

This is good news after Carroll said Lockett was dealing with a "pretty severe situation." Lockett was hospitalized after a bruise on his shin caused swelling that needed to be treated immediately. With Seattle on a bye, Locket has two weeks to get cleared for a Week 12 matchup against the Eagles.

Source: Michael-Shawn Dugar on Twitter