NFL 2018, Week 6: In or Out and other news

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Corey Grant and Austin Seferian-Jenkins go on injured reserve.

Coach expects Lamar Miller to play week 6.

Ron Rivera is hopeful Greg Olsen returns this week.

Patriots "have been in contact" with free agent RB Mike Gillislee.

Matt Breida suffered a "mid- to high-ankle sprain" Week 5 against the Cardinals and is expected to miss week 6.

Last edited:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Greg Olsen confirmed he is expected to return for Week 6 but said he expects to require surgery at season's end.

I wonder what the over/under is on number of games he'll play? Effective games, give me under.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
updated list of those hurt:

Rb Saquon Barkley NYG - injured back in TD celebration- or diving into end zone....should play this week
as stated above Rb Jay Ajayi Phi - out for season - torn ACL in left knee
Cooper Kupp Wr LAR - in Concussion protocol - day to day
Brandon Cooks Wr LAR - in concussion protocol - day to day
Kerryon Johnson Rb DET - right ankle sprain - day to day - stated he could have played in the game more if needed
As noted above - Matt Breida Rb SF - has high to mid ankle sprain - no ligament damage found in MRI - won't play this week
JAX - place Rb Corey Grant and Te Austin Seferian-Jenkins on IR Jenkins due to hernia surgery , Grant - Lys-Franc injury
Fournette Rb Jax - out week 6 due to hamstring issue
Dalvin Cook Rb Min - hamstring questionable for this week
Greg Olsen Te CAR- foot fracture - expected to play this week

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Deshaun Watson is "day to day with a chest injury." Could be something to it since Vegas has stopped taking bets on the upcoming game with the Bills.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Josh Reed reports the Eagles have "reached out" to the Bills about acquiring LeSean McCoy. :eek:
they just did some major restructuring of some contracts including Cox's to free up cap space for a move. Some thought it might be for a trade for Bell, but THIS would be very interesting....

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Especially with Kelly out of the picture. I hope it happens for the Eagles though as a Clement owner it wouldn't help me. Still, go Eagles!

Phicinfan

Administrator
Especially with Kelly out of the picture. I hope it happens for the Eagles though as a Clement owner it wouldn't help me. Still, go Eagles!
Yeah, I was a heavy Clement fan and believer and owner in many leagues...but I just don't think Philly sees him as an every down back. I will add that in Philly they LOVE to rotate backs, so even if McCoy were to get there, he would not see near the carries he has in the past. At least I don't think he will.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld.com

Florida Football Insiders reports a "source having knowledge of the Jaguars' thinking" expects the team to sit Leonard Fournette (hamstring) through the Week 9 bye.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Clement Rb Phi- full practice will play this week - no Ajayi means lots of Clement and Smallwood - until they trade for McCoy or Bell :D