NFL 2018 - week 15 in or out and other news

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Ian Rapoport reports Corey Clement suffered a sprained knee Week 14 against the Cowboys.

He will have an MRI on Monday to confirm the diagnosis. While a sprain is better than the alternatives, it still could knock Clement out for several weeks.

There's a huge chance that Tyreek Hill will not be able to go on a short week as he is quoted as saying that his foot "is bad." Still he managed to play yesterday so maybe he'll suck it up. I'd rest him if it was my call.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Ian Rapoport reports Corey Clement suffered a sprained knee Week 14 against the Cowboys.

He will have an MRI on Monday to confirm the diagnosis. While a sprain is better than the alternatives, it still could knock Clement out for several weeks.

There's a huge chance that Tyreek Hill will not be able to go on a short week as he is quoted as saying that his foot "is bad." Still he managed to play yesterday so maybe he'll suck it up. I'd rest him if it was my call.
:eek::(

Phicinfan

Administrator
Leonard Fournette at it again, per TMZ video - he threatened to beat up someone in the stands at the game yesterday, just having come off a one game suspension for fighting. Some feel this may warrant NFL punishment.

KillerFins

Staff member
Meh, silly for him to respond to a heckler. Curious what the heckler said to get Fournette to engage with him.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
John Harbaugh said he expected Kenneth Dixon's role to grow going forward.

Sean Payton confirmed Ted Ginn is a candidate for return.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Wr Pierre Garcon SF is going to IR - probably last game played for SF
Rb Boston Scott N.O. practice squad signed by Philadelphia - fill in for Corey Clement with a sprained knee

Phicinfan

Administrator
TE Jordan Reed Was may be done for the season - the injury isn't major - strained toe muscle - but he is extremely fragile and team may just sit him rest of season as they self destruct.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
It was posted on the Outlaw Forum Saturday afternoon. You should spend more time with us Deacon. We have a spare room available for you to move in and bring us even more of your thoughts. But yeah, he's a guy that I never want to own. I can't trust the guy even if he is a Tiger.

Odell Beckham JR is out this week due to bruised Quad
2011 NFL Underdog Champion
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Phicinfan, Saturday at 1:39 PM

Phicinfan

Administrator
Vikings axe OC DeFilippo and replace him with K. Stefanski
Steelers looking at K's
Chargers expecting to be missing both Gordon and Ekelar this week - Justin Jackson...come on down....

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Ian Rapoport reports Carson Wentz (back) is not expected to play Week 15 against the Rams.

Lamar Jackson draws another start.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld.com

Pat Shurmur said Odell Beckham (quad) will not practice Thursday.

Shurmur said Beckham is being "further evaluated" outside of the building. Whether that evaluation is because of a setback or to potentially gain clearance is an open question. Beckham's status for this week remains up in the air.

Chargers promoted RB Troymaine Pope from their practice squad. This is a bad sign for Melvin Gordon.

News for those awaiting Guice next season. :(

An infection in Derrius Guice's torn ACL required three additional knee surgeries and brings his 2019 availability into question.

Guice tore his ACL last preseason and should've made a smooth recovery, but the infection severely complicated his rehab. The infection lasted two months after Guice's ACL tear, "prompting seven weeks of heavy rounds of antibiotics through a catheter in his arm." Guice admitted there is "no specific timeline" for his return. This is especially unfortunate news after Alex Smith's complicated broken-leg surgery put Smith's NFL future into doubt.

Source: Washington Post

Pete Carroll said Doug Baldwin is "day to day."