Need some help gaguing Frank Gore's future value

brtdud7

We all know he's a top 5-6 RB this season. But how much should we value him in every season after next?

I'm a 49er fan so I would like some unbiased opinions.

I specifically ask now because I'm trying to trade him in a keeper league and wonder what good value for him could be

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
We all know he's a top 5-6 RB this season. But how much should we value him in every season after next?

I'm a 49er fan so I would like some unbiased opinions.

I specifically ask now because I'm trying to trade him in a keeper league and wonder what good value for him could be
This is probably the year to do it if you are going to trade him.

He isn't getting younger, and he has miles on him, and his value has skyrocketed with the maturing of A.Smith at Qb, and added tools with Crabtree and Davis.

I would think you could swap him for a solid Rb and Wr, or some high draft picks in the right kind of deal.

But I am in no way, shape or form a fan of Gore....so some may tell you to keep him.

efactor

Coming at you
For me, the question is "do you actually want to win the league now"? If the answer is yes, why would you trade a guy who is going to be a top 5 RB for the next 3 years?

He doesn't have "mileage" on him. Averages about 280 touches a year. He did have the knee injuries in college, but they haven't been an issue in the pros. He has missed 5 starts in 4 years, but they are "bad luck" type injuries and not ones that are chronic.

Sure, trade him away and watch him take someone else to the championship. Otherwise, sit back and enjoy the next few years of a monster RB...........

brtdud7

thanks for some opening insight guys.

Who are your other RBs?

well i dont want to get into this as a trade forum but i only have him and donald brown at RB. i also have the #2 and #3 picks, which can be mendy/mathews/crabtree. i really dont want gore, crabtree, and vernon on the same team, or even vernon and crabtree (i have vernon already).

this dude interested in him has moreno, roddy, and gates, so i wanted to trade gore and vernon for those 3 guys. i would also like to get his #4 pick where i could take michael turner, but idk if that will work

but thats beside the point.

@Phinicfan, i know he has those new targets, but you also have to think if those new targets and better o-line will actually make the pasing game better, making him less useful?

@efactor, i know he's a top 5 RB, but i was trying to get quite a bit for him so if i can get a lot i would probably take it. i know he doesn;t have a chronic injury, but he has missed 2 games in each of the past 2 seasons, and he isn't getting any younger, and you may say it's *only* 2 games but your stud RB being out might hurt some teams

Coachnorm

It's kinda a mistaken notion that if a QB is expected to progress from say a 17 TD to a say 22 TD guy that you should subtract that amount from the rushing attack. This is not the case most of the time. If the QB gets 5 TDs better generally speaking the rushing stats stay the same and often even improve slightly along with the passing stats, at least with a good team, a category I put the Niners in. Now sometimes this does happen with a crappy team where an addition in one area = a subtraction in another. The Niners were 27th in O last year. This year I expect them to make the playoffs and a big jump in offensive production is part of that process. A marked improvement in the passing attack will be a big part of that but I would think the rushing attack gets a bootstrap boost also.

More of a the whole O pie getting bigger together rather than the same pie getting divided differently concept.

Last edited by a moderator:

JackG1980

Keep Gore if you could draft Mathrews as well. The Gore and Vernon for Moreno/Gates/R. White is a good trade for you.