Need help "fixing" team

brtdud7

Need help "fixing" 6-2 team

14 team PPR league. 2 keepers. Currently 6-2, 2nd in points scored, 2nd most points against. I do not understand how my team is 6-2... it really isn't very good.

QB: Stafford, Eli
RB: McCoy, FJax, Reggie, Murray, Starks, Felix
WR: Marshall, VJax
TE: Witten, Hernandez
D/ST: Bengals

I'm just not getting any bites on Hernandez or any of my RBs. Obviously I need help at WR, and I mean my RBs outside of FJax and McCoy aren't that good either... Maybe I could try posting a few players from teams who look like they need help at TE/RB and get some advice? I just think I'm over/undervaluing players which is why this issue is happening

Last edited by a moderator:

jjtweeks

I don't see how your team isnt very good. I havent seen a better team in a 14 team league before. You have argueably the 2 best fantasy RB's in the league . A great defense, 2 great TE's. I like what deuce said about murray. Reggie is actually a hot sell now as well. D. Thomas is killing himself by not playing and Reggie has been showing he can handle the load lately. You could also try packaging Eli and Hernandez to get a good WR as well. There are some decent WR on waivers too. 6-2 is really good. You know you will be in the playoofs so start looking at matchups during those games and try to make some trades accordingly.
Try different combos with Reggie, Murray, Eli, Hernandez and see who bites

brtdud7

I know I have FJax and McCoy and the QBs, but look at the team besides that. VJax, Marshall, Starks, Felix have all been disappointments at their positions, that's all.

I'll try sending out some offers, the problem is I have and it's ridiculous, some teams are in horrible positions with RBs and TEs and yet seemingly will only trade crap for them

brtdud7

I don't really have any targets. I'm just looking at owners who say they need RB help and I'm trying to look at an offer

A guy interested in Murray has Hakeem, MW (TB), DHB.
Another interested in RBs has Crabtree, AJ.
Another has Steve and Andre Johnson.
Another interested in Murray has Sidney Rice and Plaxico but that's about it. Although he does have the 49ers defense.

I'm wondering if it would be best to maybe try a RB + like Marshall for upgrade at WR but I think I need all the WR I can get.

jjtweeks

Offer Reggie for M. Williams(tb) reggies value is high and at this point williams is still low but i think he will turn it around
You could try murray straight up for nicks. the worst could happen is no.
or murray and felix for nicks they might bite on that
u are right not to want to bundle any of your receivers because you really cant afford to lose marshall or vjax with nothing to replace them

brtdud7

What do you guys think about possibly trading Stafford or Eli to a team needing a QB and rolling with just one of them the rest of the season?

cctekguy

Staff member
Stafford is the better keeper but could you sleep at night knowing he was all you had?

Maybe do an Eli + Bush or Murray for a WR + QB2

Stafford+RB should bring you a WR1 and Eli is a safer bet to stay healthy.

brtdud7

Stafford is the better keeper but could you sleep at night knowing he was all you had?

No I couldn't, and we are only a 2 keeper league so I will be keeping McCoy, and either FJax or see if I can trade him at the end of the year for like a WR1 anyway.

I know he has more upside than Eli but I just feel safer with him.

brtdud7

Ok well this morning I just traded Reggie for Manningham. I desperately need a WR and figured I can't sell any higher on Reggie.

Now I just need to sell Hernandez. Someone only with Jared Cook at TE has AJ Green, maybe I could trade Hernandez and Marshall or Manningham for Green?

brtdud7

I am still trying to figure out why you think your team is no good?

It's not that it isn't good per se, it's just looking at the production. Yeah, Stafford/Eli are great, as are Murray/FJax/McCoy. But it's mainly my WRs. Just thinking of how VJax has put up only 3 big games with the rest mediocre, how i drafted him 2nd (and Felix 3rd), Amendola, etc.

Anyway, I'm hoping I can get a good trade. I'm even thinking of trying Hernandez, Manningham, and Starks or something for Andre to the guy with only Gresham at TE. Hell, maybe even VJax, Manningham, Starks, and Laurent for Hakeem and Steve Smith

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
VJax, Manningham, Hakeem for Steve Smith would be the max I'd offer. Starks I'd keep and Laurent for fun I'd keep. Hakeem isn't healthy enough so Smith is the only benefit to that duo.

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
check rankings out on www.fftoolbox.com
http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/2011/weeklycheatsheets.cfm?player_pos=FLEX&league_ID=450102
It actually looks like a pretty fair trade based on the depth charts. Fantasy point estimates for the three are more than the 13 pts Steve Smith gets this week (9 for Starks alone) so ... with 7 + for Mann and Laurent it's probably just shy of an even trade.

You are giving up some consistency for the "all my eggs" basket of "Steve_Newton". That's really what this is all about isn't it? Get a piece of that Cam Newton. Why not just get LaFell or Naanee of waivers?