Morris to the Cowboys is solid

bodey24

Staff member
Morris was a product of shannahans system in Washington. He won't be able to beat out a healthy DMC. Dallas should still draft a Rb.

bodey24

Staff member
We will have to agree to disagree. If I had to bet I would bet that he doesn't lead the team in carries this year. Dude is a plodder.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Not sure being a plodder with that O-line is a bad thing, you won't get the big 20 yard runs, but you will get the steady solid 4-4.5 yards per carry. He actually makes a great partner to McFadden. McFadden will break down if used too much.

efactor

Coming at you
Not sure being a plodder with that O-line is a bad thing, you won't get the big 20 yard runs, but you will get the steady solid 4-4.5 yards per carry. He actually makes a great partner to McFadden. McFadden will break down if used too much.

I see it this way too. I think it's a solid 1-2 punch and if Dunbar is healthy, a nice backfield. Also indicates the Boys drafting Elliott won't happen.

Phicinfan

Administrator
yeah, and I find it funny that ESPN has Morris as the starter listed, with McFadden as the back up.

Also, Elliot I don't think Elliot was a target for Dallas that early, they need DE and the talent there is better value IMO.

I see Elliot going at #8 to Philly, I think that is why they wanted to trade up with Miami.

bodey24

Staff member
Dallas needs a stud Rb like they had in Murray to get the tough yards and be able to bust long runs. They aren't going to win big regular season games or playoff games with McFadden and Morris in the backfield. I was hoping they would take Goff at 4 and Henry or another Rb in the 2nd or 3rd.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Dallas needs a stud Rb like they had in Murray to get the tough yards and be able to bust long runs. They aren't going to win big regular season games or playoff games with McFadden and Morris in the backfield. I was hoping they would take Goff at 4 and Henry or another Rb in the 2nd or 3rd.
I have heard rumblings on Goff....but my gut says they go dire need which is DE, and then they can turn around in 2nd round and get young Qb or take Rb like Henry. Most mocks only have Elliot going in first round at Rb.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Henry in the 2nd would have made a lot of sense pre Morris.... But with Morris you would have 2 very similar RB's..... Not sure they go that route could go after a more dynamic rookie like Booker if they are not comfortable with DMac.