MJD played hurt all season, having surgery

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew will have arthroscopic surgery this week to repair partially torn meniscus in his right knee.

Jones-Drew injured his knee in the preseason, played with pain for 14 games and dealt with swelling just about every week. Nonetheless, he ran for 1,324 yards and five touchdowns, and coach Jack Del Rio said the team was fortunate to have him for so much of the season.
Maurice Jones-Drew of Jacksonville Jaguars to have surgery on right knee - ESPN

Only thing that kept MJD from being elite this year was his lack of TD's. Pretty impressive results with a partially torn meniscus. This should not have any effects on him next season.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Jennings value continues to rise.

That was pretty tough, and its unfortunate for him and the team it came when they had their best shot to dethrone the Colts.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I knew he wasn't right all season. So the rumors at the beginning of the season were true about him injuring his knee.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I knew he wasn't right all season. So the rumors at the beginning of the season were true about him injuring his knee.

:nod: I felt the same way. Fortunately, this isn't a big deal to fix and rebound from. Makes MJD a solid, solid value next year though!

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
(TheHuddle) Jacksonville Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew underwent successful surgery Wednesday, Jan. 5, on his ailing right knee, according to Vito Stellino, of The Florida Times-Union. He is expected to make a full recovery for the 2011 season. Analysis: It's a situation that will certainly bear watching, as knee problems bookended a frustrating season for Jones-Drew and his fantasy owners. If he's back at full go by training camp, no worries; if the Jaguars are being cautious with him, the fantasy value of Rashad Jennings--either as Jacksonville's feature back or as MoJo insurance--will climb dramatically.

Hawks Eye

Master of Inexpertise
Man.. a torn meniscus sucks. I tore up my knee junior year of high school, had pain for about a year and a half, and it's never been the same again.

I can't imagine playing at his level with that pain.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
(TheHuddle) Jacksonville Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew (knee) said his recovery from surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee will take four months, reports Tania Ganguli, of The Florida Times-Union. Jones-Drew said his injury was 'bone-on-bone' in the back of his knee at the end of the season. Analysis: Jones-Drew's injury appears to have been more serious than originally thought and his four-month rehab should have him back in time for the preseason. Barring any setbacks to his recovery, Jones-Drew should once again be a solid No. 1 running back next season.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
(TheHuddle) Jacksonville Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew (knee) said his recovery from surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his knee will take four months, reports Tania Ganguli, of The Florida Times-Union. Jones-Drew said his injury was 'bone-on-bone' in the back of his knee at the end of the season. Analysis: Jones-Drew's injury appears to have been more serious than originally thought and his four-month rehab should have him back in time for the preseason. Barring any setbacks to his recovery, Jones-Drew should once again be a solid No. 1 running back next season.
:wtf: :bs: Excuse me? Sorry, ANY time I hear bone on bone, in the knee.....yikes that ain't fixable folks. Nor would that have anything to do with the miniscus that I know of.