Mike Williams DUI

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
He still drank and got behind the wheel. You have to figure the team will mandate some form of punishment, since public image has been such a hot button with teams lately. Maybe just benched for a series or a quarter if I had to guess.

MNJHNSN

I was hoping he grew up from the situation in Syracuse but clearly is still making some bad decisions. Too bad, this guy is an absolute beast.... Hope he can smarten the hell up!!!!

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
(FFChamps) Adam Schefter of ESPN noted that Mike Williams is still expected to start Sunday's game at San Francisco even after getting arrested on suspicion of a DUI this morning in Florida. Analysis: Williams blood alcohol level was reportedly under the legal limit, and the Buccaneers are not believed to be concerned with the star rookie. He should be fine to consider for fantasy duty this weekend.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Its now being reported he won't start. Another TB official has told this to Schefter.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
If he blew under the LEGAL limit why was he charged?? That makes no damn sense...

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
If he blew under the LEGAL limit why was he charged?? That makes no damn sense...
From what little I have seen, they now are saying under the influence of "other" materials. So this may not be an alcohol related issue only.

Mental

Not sure, They appear to be running in two directions. I thought I saw a rotoworld post that the drug allegations were determined false. He was brought in based on the field sobriety test which they stated he failed and blew under the legal limit. No crime.. no foul???

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A

Its a different state, but Ill see if I can explain this:

Sec. 49.01. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:
(1) "Alcohol concentration" means the number of grams of alcohol per:
(A) 210 liters of breath;
(B) 100 milliliters of blood; or
(C) 67 milliliters of urine.

(2) "Intoxicated" means:
(A) not having the normal use of mental or physical faculties by reason of the introduction of alcohol, a controlled substance, a drug, a dangerous drug, a combination of two or more of those substances, or any other substance into the body; OR
(B) having an alcohol concentration of 0.08 or more.

Sec. 49.04. DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED. (a) A person commits an offense if the person is intoxicated while operating a motor vehicle in a public place.

Basically the test is only to establish prima facie evidence of intoxication. The term "legal limit" is an established level for the suspension of licenses and things of that nature.

Ive only done one like this. The guy blew .07 and he couldnt stand up. Absolutely couldnt handle his alcohol and shouldnt have been driving, which probably led to him using the ditch as a lane. Did he blow over the limit? No, so his license wasnt initially suspended. Was the guy intoxicated while operating a motor vehicle. Most certainly he was.

Id need to see more of what happened, but given Williams is a star football player and he didnt blow over the limit, in all likelyhood this will be reduced to a charge like Reckless Driving and that will be the end of it.

Mental

Interesting. For myself, this leds to alot of interpretation of law. The reason of having a legal BAC is so there is no interpretation. He was speeding.. not swerving all over the road as I inderstanding it and 12 miles over the speed limit is not exactly tearing it up. I have to conceed its is difficult to be lax on this law. He was only speeding but next week he could be up on a curb with someones child in the way. The speeding was probable cause for pulling him over and testing his BAC but I don't see how they can enforce a law he didnt break by calling it close enough.
Interesting...