Michigan a BCS Team in 2011?

maverick824

My usual rose-colored glasses have had several trips to the eye doctor over the past 4 years. While I do think Hoke is a great step in the right direction, this is still a pretty.......optimistic piece to say the least. We still have very few credible athletes in the secondary capable of stopping a team from destroying us through the air as has happened throughout the entire Rodriguez era. Even with a somewhat favorable schedule, there are still games this year where Michigan will lose what should amount to a coinflip game. I'd like to think they'll be competitive enough to slip in to an 8-4 year, but I think that's about the ceiling you're looking at for the moment, anything higher and they're playing way over their heads.

Zach

It is not going to happen. Dream all they want - but they have way to many holes to fill and an entirely new system to learn. Thinking that it is going to happen is about as useful as a wet dream is to a 13 year old.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I am a huge Michigan fan. There is nothing I want more than to see them get to big BCS bowls again. But I think that's a stretch this season. They are a couple years away. Hoke has the program going the right direction for sure and I'm stoked about that. Hoke has some amazing defensive recruits coming in the next 2 years. Their schedule is favorable with some key match-ups at home. I think they can pull off an 8-4 season, but I'm not banking on it.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I feel the same about Texas. We have the defense but we need to use this new found SEC knowledge we hired to tool up a real offensive line and we have a ton of issues at QB. Id say Michigan vs Texas in a decent bowl with matching 8-4 records would have to be sucessful years for the both of us.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Michigan needs a couple years to get the right type of players back in the system. The cupboards were pretty meager after the Rich Rod era for the type of system Hoke will install. They will show improvement, but even 8-4 may be a bit optimistic, though I would not be surprised if they get there.