career starts: 352
career tackles: 740
career sacks: 98
combined 2013 cap figure: $7.06m

Genius at work

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Spears sure isn't anything to get excited about and I've followed him since he played at LSU. He's been an extreme dissapointment during his professional career. He didn't record a single solo tackle from 2007 forward for the next four years. He'll cash the checks that the GM gives him because that's about all he's done for Dallas for nearly half a decade. I once had high hopes for the young man, too bad.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
Spears will be a rotational player,backup only. I have little doubt that he can be effective against the run....

Ravens signed FS Michael Huff to a three-year, $6 million contract.

The highly athletic Huff was forced to play corner for the talent-depraved Raiders last season, but he'll replace Ed Reed at free safety with the Ravens. It's yet another shrewd signing from GM Ozzie Newsome as he rebuilds his defense. Huff is five years younger than Reed, has missed just four games in his seven-year career and his average annual salary is $3M cheaper. Thanks in large part to this week's additions of Huff and Elvis Dumervil, the Ravens are a good bet to improve -- likely significantly -- on last year's 17th-ranked defense.

RLLD

Your point on this is well-founded. Even if these acquisitions were to perform barely half as well, the Raven's have still come away solidly better. I have to wonder if the team over in Cleveland has yet awakened from the shock of what just happened with all this. But, this is why the Browns are who they are, and the Ravens are consistently competitive.

Kudos to Ozzie for having a plan, sticking to it.