Michael Vick named Eagles Starting QB

deuce4321

Driller
i also read an article today that mentioned how andy might also have considered the state of the nfc east--dallas is a mess, the gnats are hot and cold, and the redskins are... the redskins. despite not being the best eagles team we've seen in the past few years, they might be the best team in the division this year. so vick gives the best chance to win now. i think this makes sense too.

I think you hit in on the head here. I feel that if the eagles are out of the playoff race then you will see kolb in and learning but if vick is getting them victories and the rest of the nfc east is folding then the eagles have to put the qb that allows them to win on sundays in right now.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
meanwhile, ever since the second half of the packers game, i've been running around the house from time to time shouting, "Michael Vick!!!" with victory arms. i'm that excited about it lol.
pictures? Or even better..video of you raising and lowering your arms and running and jumping??? :cunning:

Phicinfan

Administrator
I think you hit in on the head here. I feel that if the eagles are out of the playoff race then you will see kolb in and learning but if vick is getting them victories and the rest of the nfc east is folding then the eagles have to put the qb that allows them to win on sundays in right now.
:nod: :yeahthat:

I will add to this that I don't think this is a reflection on Kolb. But on the state of their O-line. Which by the way sucks.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Okay, lets speculate here.

First supposedly it was Andy Reid who forced the acquisition of Vick. Supposedly he is higher than a kite on his skills ( per multiple reports......gotta love unnamed sources :rolleyes: ). So, assuming he divorced himself from McNabb due to Kolb AND vick being there. Lets work from there.

First - let me say for the record that I see no way the Eagles trade Kolb. If for no other reason than the only other Qb on the team is a rookie in Kafka (who they also are supposedly very high on.......).

However, lets sweeten the pot some. First we KNOW that multiple teams have contacted the Eagles about Kolb. Reid is quoted at ESPN that he can't forsee that far into the future (trade deadline) if Kolb will still be on the team.

So...obviously they are gonna trade him right? Okay to whom?

Obvious choices first:
Arizona - Anderson clearly is not the answer, and the back up is an undrafted rookie...YUCK.
Cleveland - Delhomme is hurt, Seneca isn't any good and I am not sure they are so high on McCoy still.
Raiders - Got Campbell, and now he is backup and they are back to Gradkowski.
Buffalo - Had Edwards :xpuke:, now have Fitzgerald :xpuke: and Brohm :eek: on the Bench.

But lets not forget some not so clear options:
Minnesota - Favre looks like his age now, and Jackson still doesn't have the faith.
San Fran - A.Smith isn't a world beater
Seattle - Hasselbeck is one foot from the grave, oh they have Whitehurst... :sob:

Lots of fun to speculate eh?

eaglechick

I'm back :)
i think it's fun to think about as well, but i just can't imagine andy reid trading kolb. meanwhile, kolb is saying and doing all the right things.

GFL Commissioner

Ultimate Commissioner
As a huge EAGLES fan, I am still finding it hard to watch games with McNabb as the quarterback of the Redskins. I am though enjoying watching Vick play.

I have never been comfortable with the team's decision to go with Kolb as their future. When McNabb left, I had these thoughts.

- Vick won't remain there as a backup, he is also to good of a player to be sitting and riding the pine.
- McNabb is aging and he has choked in the big game, but he has been so reliable and the Eagles have consistenly made the playoffs with him at the helm. The Eagles are the oly club to have 100 regular season wins in the NFC throughout the decade ('00-'09), only third behind the Colts and Patriots who were in the AFC.
- I think that the team had to decide on either keeping McNabb or Vick, Kolb to be honest I think they want as a backup all the time anyways. I think Kolb wasn't gonna get to be the starter beyong week 3 or 4 anyways.

Too be honest, I think since Vick joined the team, they were like... "We have a really great player in him, we may be able to get rid of McNabb. Although he is really good, Vick is better, younger and faster." I don't know this for sure, but this is the impression I am getting. Vick is dynamic and can make plays. I also think Vick is outt there to prove to people he has changed and want redemption, McNabb has nothing really to play for but a ring and has already proven to many how great a player he is.

I remember back when McNabb started doing the Chunky commercials, he gained a lot of weight and got bigger. I was like, "Holy crap...how many takes did they have to do in those commercial tapings!"

Don't get me wrong...I will always be a fan of McNabb and greateful for what he has done for the Eagles...but he's not there anymore and I cheer on my birds!!!

PS: Is it just me, but has the Eagles defence really gone downhill with the death of Jim Johnson, or is that kid Jahvid Best really that awesome. Holy crap he made the Eagles defence look like swiss cheese! I am hoping it was a combination both because that was brutal last weekend. I can't believe I almost watched the Lions come back!