Michael Vick named Eagles Starting QB

Remote Controller

Atleast I have a for sure starter in the Outlaw league now as starting Kolb would have still entailed him losing snaps to Vick anyway. I don't see them shuffling Kolb in at all unless to replace a hurt Vick.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
I just don't understand though...

if we were trying to win now why didn't we keep Donovan McNabb? This isn't a Super Bowl team this year with our injuries and youth, yet we're going with a 31 year old Michael Vick who is playing on a one year contract?

Aaron Rodgers had a very tumultuous rookie season, Peyton Manning threw a ton of picks his first year as a starter, Mark Sanchez put up Jamarcus Russell numbers his rookie season and is the unquestioned starter going into this year... and Kevin Kolb who we believed was the future QB of the franchise gets 14 passes in between Vick wildcat packages? That's it?

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
I'm so confused.

I was watching sportcenter this morning and Mort was in talking about how Kolb would start Sunday unless their was some set back.

Then out of no where my phone starts going crazy about Vick being the starter.

Crazy

cctekguy

Staff member
Using the O-Line as their reasoning for starting Vick makes good football sense...sort of.

If you can't block 'em you gotta run from them.

No sense getting Kolb killed.

JackG1980

exactly, Vick can run and he makes McCoy better. Also Vick wins, Kolb did not. Vick is back to his old form. He should be money and will keep the Eagle in the game.

eaglechick

I'm back :)
birdman, i totally agree with you on the long-term strategy thing, but the o-line argument makes sense. in fact, i'm sure that was what really "allowed" andy reid to change his mind (we know he doesn't do that easily lol). kolb was horrible, but the o-line didn't help him at all, and it definitely has gotten significantly worse without j.jackson. we don't want to kill kolb! seriously. i think this is a good decision.

besides it sure is fun to watch vick

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I just don't understand though...

if we were trying to win now why didn't we keep Donovan McNabb? This isn't a Super Bowl team this year with our injuries and youth, yet we're going with a 31 year old Michael Vick who is playing on a one year contract?

Aaron Rodgers had a very tumultuous rookie season, Peyton Manning threw a ton of picks his first year as a starter, Mark Sanchez put up Jamarcus Russell numbers his rookie season and is the unquestioned starter going into this year... and Kevin Kolb who we believed was the future QB of the franchise gets 14 passes in between Vick wildcat packages? That's it?
I think the key thing here is what M.Vick did.

First, he was able to use all the tools of the offense and not just run.
Second, the O-line is crap. Starting Kolb with that line will just be rinse and repeat.

Am I disappointed they are not letting Kolb learn, absolutely. Do I think Vick will win a Superbowl in Philly nope. But, until they can solidify the O-line,...it is their best chance to win...even over McNabb, who isn't as mobile now either.

eaglechick

i also read an article today that mentioned how andy might also have considered the state of the nfc east--dallas is a mess, the gnats are hot and cold, and the redskins are... the redskins. despite not being the best eagles team we've seen in the past few years, they might be the best team in the division this year. so vick gives the best chance to win now. i think this makes sense too.

eaglechick

meanwhile, ever since the second half of the packers game, i've been running around the house from time to time shouting, "Michael Vick!!!" with victory arms. i'm that excited about it lol.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
I really, really hate this decision...

I can't even play as the Eagles in Madden anymore. I'm too upset...

eaglechick

I really, really hate this decision...

I can't even play as the Eagles in Madden anymore. I'm too upset...

sorry birdman :hug:

you mean you didn't stash vick on your dynasty team last year for a relatively cheap price and a long contract? :banana: