MegaTron Done?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
No doubt his career hasn't been up to his standards for two or three years but I wasn't expecting him to quit though I did expect him to have to take a massive pay cut to stay with the Lions. Rotoworld has this...

"Like many players at this stage of their career, I am currently evaluating options for my future," Johnson said. "I would expect to have a decision regarding this matter in the not-too-distant future." Set to turn 31 this year (in September) and coming off myriad injury-plagued seasons, Johnson simply seems worn down. Hopefully he'll sit down, rest up, and decide to continue his career after his body heals. But it's clear that this could be it for Megatron.

hikeNbike

Doesn't he have like a zillion dollars coming his way if he keeps playing. Or has he already got his guaranteed money and the Lions can cut him and not have to pay?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I think they can save around $10M by letting him go or could recoup around $9M if he retires from bonus money already paid.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Rumor I heard was if he is to stay in Detroit he has to take a cut, so that is why retirement is being considered, not sure if this is a ploy, or not wanting to play anywhere else.

theJagZone

my money is on him being shopped by the Lions because I'm guessing he's not willing to take a pay cut so he could be cut and sign elsewhere..
however someone will pay him but most org's probably aren't willing to pick up his current deal.