Marvin Lewis

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Check it out

BENGALS, JAGUARS COACHES WILL WORK THE SENIOR BOWL
Posted by Mike Florio on January 5, 2009, 6:17 p.m.

Thanks in large part to uncertainty surrounding the coaching staffs in Cleveland, Detroit, St. Louis, Seattle, and Kansas City, the Cincinnati Bengals will handle one of the two Senior Bowl squads — specifically, the North team.

The team announced the assignment on Monday.

“Coaching in the Senior Bowl was very valuable to us in 2004, and we are excited to once again have this opportunity,” coach Marvin Lewis said. “The top talent is always going to be at this game, and there’s nothing like the evaluation you can get from actually coaching these players in practice and game situations.”

It’s a great advantage for the Bengals, who have only a handful of full-time scouts, and who typically press their assistant coaches into service in the months before the draft.

The South squad will be coached by Jack Del Rio and the rest of the Jaguars’ staff. (It’s unknown whether Del Rio will bring along a tree stump and/or an ax.)

The irony is that both teams have a reputation for ignoring character issues when selecting players. If they do it this year, they won’t be able to say that they didn’t have several days of extensive access to the players in question.

And prospective seniors let out a collective :sadbanana:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Why does he still have a job? Who are they waiting on?
You and Mike just don't get it. This is Cincinnati. This is Mike Brown's team. As long as Mike Brown is supportive of Lewis....and he is....Lewis will keep his job. Period.

Fan belief has no issue. Why? Cause thanks to an incredibly bad contract signed with the city...Mike makes big bucks of guaranteed sell outs and all the concessions and parking. Plus the cincy fans won't drop the seat licenses. So since he keeps getting his money....he will keep who he wants.

AS for Miller's point on Brat. Good question. I think that this is a concession to lewis for throwing him under the bus on re-signing Chris Henry. They will cover it up by saying all the injuries were the issue...not the coaching.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
You and Mike just don't get it. This is Cincinnati. This is Mike Brown's team. As long as Mike Brown is supportive of Lewis....and he is....Lewis will keep his job. Period.

Why won't the fans stop supporting them, monetarily of course.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Next year is going to be interesting. I know of a lot of business contacts that "claim" they are dropping their tickets.....some of them I'll believe when I see it as they have had tickets for a LONG time, but it will be interesting to see if they have to go to their waiting list to sell the season tickets this year and if they do....will the waiting list still be interested?

Phicinfan

Administrator
Its mind boggling I know.

But keep in mind, most who have season tickets have them due to the seat liscense they signed. In some cases that was thousands of dollars depending on where your seat was. That is money you lose and don't get back if you walk away from you season ticket. I think most feel they would lose too much to just walk away.

Arctic Dawgs

You make a good point. PSL's sure have hurt as much as they have helped in some cases.

Aren't the PSL's transferable ?

I'm thinking of getting some 'Hawks ST's and thought looking to buy up someones PSL's privately was the way to go ??

Phicinfan

Administrator
Aren't the PSL's transferable ?

I'm thinking of getting some 'Hawks ST's and thought looking to buy up someones PSL's privately was the way to go ??
Depends on the PSL and the team. In Cincy it is not transferable per say. I believe if you back out...you lose the money. Not sure on that though.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Depends on the PSL and the team. In Cincy it is not transferable per say. I believe if you back out...you lose the money. Not sure on that though.
huh? Yes you can transfer your PSL....it's your property, you can sell them or sign them over to someone else. If you do not do this, and you just don't renew your tickets, you lose the PSL and lose the money you paid for them.

Problem is, there is not too many takers out these to buy your PSL at the moment....