Marshall to Miami

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I agree with e on this one. I never messed with Marshall because of his actions coupled with no one in the franchise to ''control'' him. Im not worried about that now. Tuna WILL make him mind.
Posted via Mobile Device
:biglaugh: just like TO.....

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Why do all the Marshall supporters feel if you don't think he will have 100 receptions then you must think he will not have a good season....

I see Marshall being much more effective in the redzone than he ever has been. TD's, ypc, and overall yds may all go up. Last year while he got the receptions, his ypc was extremely low. I do not expect this to be the case this year. I think 12-15 TD's is possible and 1300 yds again like 07 may happen. It will just happen in a different way. With that, 90 receptions is an area I would feel comfortable projecting. He will be close to that 100 mark, but I feel he'll come just short.

Just b/c someone does not feel he will have 100 rec, does not mean they do not see him having a good season. And yes, Marshall is still a #1 WR and will be and should be drafted that way IMO. I do not see 11 other WR's capable of doing what he can do. I agree with e, somewhere in that 5-7 range is a good landing spot.

Just read that Ginn has been traded to the 49'rs. Do not know the details other than it appears to have been for a late round draft pick.

efactor

Coming at you
You know Jerry wouldnt let that happen. No one overrides Parcells in Miami.
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree with this................

Plus, I think they are entirely different situations. To me, Marshall's issues were more based on immaturity. He needed to grow up. He just got married, signed a big contract and frankly, I think those problems are behind him.

While I never thought TO was a bad guy, he definitly developed a Diva complex and craved attention, either positive or negative. He just liked to be in the headlines. I don't see that from Marshall.

Anyway, I don't anticipate any issues moving forward. I think the knucklehead days are behind him............

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Immaturity is a good way to put it and I agree, I don't think he's as bad as some.

The one concern i do have is how motivated will he be now?? Kid just got PAID!! And most of the deal is guaranteed. Is he one of these get paid and turn into a lazy ass guys?? Wouldn't shock me....but I hope he is not...would suck to waste that talent! Just something else to keep an eye on.

I agree with this................

Plus, I think they are entirely different situations. To me, Marshall's issues were more based on immaturity. He needed to grow up. He just got married, signed a big contract and frankly, I think those problems are behind him.

While I never thought TO was a bad guy, he definitly developed a Diva complex and craved attention, either positive or negative. He just liked to be in the headlines. I don't see that from Marshall.

Anyway, I don't anticipate any issues moving forward. I think the knucklehead days are behind him............

DearbornDolfan

He'll quit blowing Thomas now
Posted via Mobile Device

I stand by my assessment of Demaryius Thomas, whether Miami takes him or not. I think Miami will take a receiver in this draft, but I think it's going to be later on; somebody like Carlton Mitchell, who the FO apparently likes.

joefan71

Pitbulls on Crack
Miami is not a run first team - last season they had a 48% run - 52% pass split. Yeah, I was surprised too. That 42% was still good for 3rd most run attempts in the league. Marshall will help Henne, Bess, and Camarillo in the passing game. Based on Fasano's inconsistency I look for them to package some of their 6th and 7th round picks to draft a TE in the middle rounds. Their 1st, 3rd, and 4th round picks need to be used to improve their anemic defense (25th - pts., 22nd - yds., 24th - passing yds., 18th - rushing yds.) to be competitive in the AFC East.