Mark Clayton a Ram

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
All these last minute moves in the NFL are always the most entertaining for me...

Clayton was in the running to keep his title as Mr. Irrelevant. Now as a Ram with Bradford, this could get interesting. Although I still don't see him earning any fantasy value at this point, maybe by mid-season they'll click.

Arctic Dawgs

from an email I got:

Clipped from the Jamison Hensley article: The Ravens traded wide receiver Mark Clayton to the St. Louis Rams for a late-round pick.

The move comes hours after the Ravens signed free-agent receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

Clayton was a 2005 first-round pick by the Ravens but he struggled with his consistency. His catches have dropped the past three seasons. His 34 catches last season were a career low.

Still, Clayton had one of his best training camps with the Ravens. He outplayed Donte' Stallworth and worked as the No. 3 wide receiver in the preseason.
[[[[[[[[[[[ OUR VIEW ]]]]]]]]]]]]
Clayton goes from being part of the talented but crowded WR corps in Baltimore to the Rams where we have Laurent Robinson and Danny Amendola as the top receivers. Clearly, it's a better situation for him from the perspective of playing time opportunity. He'll be working with a rookie QB in Sam Bradford who is obviously talented, but still a rookie. As Hensley noted above, Clayton had a strong camp and he's still a guy that can play. I like this move for him and I like it for Sam Bradford and Steven Jackson.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Wow, I hadn't heard his training camp went so well. Glad to hear it. Maybe he'll start to make an impact in the first few weeks or so. The part that keeps me hesitant is the Ram's ability to give Bradford time to set up a pass and any WR to book it down field.

Admittedly, I'm kinda looking forward to seeing a Rams game or two this year.

Thanks for the clip AD.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Rams trying to assemble the smallest WR crew in the league?
Amendola - 5-11 - 186
Clayton - 5-10 - 190
Gilyard - 5-11 - 194
Avery (I know, he's hurt) - 5-11 - 183

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Nice eye Miller.

Oh God, I hope they don't try to target Sammie Stroughter. His 5-10, 189lb behind belongs right where it is.

Remote Controller

Giant siting in St Louis :pigsfly:

-- Rams to Workout Demetrius Williams --
Mon Sep 6, 2010 --from FFMastermind.com​
The Baltimore Sun reports free-agent WR Demetrius Williams has a tryout with St. Louis Rams.

:pigsfly::pigsfly::pigsfly::pigsfly:

RLLD

It will be interesting to see what Clayton is able to accomplish in a new environment.

I think he is a tangible talent, and in the right system and the right personnel he could thrive...

He is going to have to gain more consistency, and if he can the Ram's could have a nice arrangement.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Rams trying to assemble the smallest WR crew in the league?
Amendola - 5-11 - 186
Clayton - 5-10 - 190
Gilyard - 5-11 - 194
Avery (I know, he's hurt) - 5-11 - 183

Smurfs II

In 1982 the Redskins WR's were nicknamed "The Smurfs"

Charlie Brown 5'10"
Alvin Garrett 5'7"
Virgil Seay 5'8"

Art Monk was not included as a Smurf standing a whopping 6'3"

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle
Published Mon Sep 13 9:42:39 a.m. ET 2010

(TheHuddle) St. Louis Rams WR Mark Clayton, who was just added earlier in the week, had a career-high 10 receptions (16 targets) for 119 yards in his St. Louis debut, reports The Associated Press.

:drool: