Manningham Might Move To Slot Receiver

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
(Rotoworld) Appearing on WFAN Radio Wednesday, coach Tom Coughlin suggested that Mario Manningham will be the Giants' slot receiver if Victor Cruz or rookie Jerrel Jernigan doesn't step up to fill the role. Analysis: In this scenario, Domenik Hixon and Hakeem Nicks would be the outside wideouts with Manningham moving inside for three-receiver sets. The Giants haven't seen enough from Cruz or Jernigan to place them among the club's top three receivers. It'd be a nice plus for Manningham's fantasy outlook in PPR leagues. He'd be playing the exact same role once manned by Steve Smith.

This is interesting. I didn't see Manningham as a slot receiver. But if this happens, he should definitely get a boost in PPR leagues.

Osiris

Fantasy Football Pharaoh
I think that would be a great idea for the Giants. Manningham would be great in the slot and this would give Hixon some value.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Manningham is going to be a great ppr gem this season IMO. If you can snag him in the mid rounds you will be very glad you did!

Remote Controller

Barden has always been an urban legend only, in my opinion.:finneranwordswithoutthetds:
I don't know what kind of fit this is for Manningham though. Seems this is basically a move being made because Hixon is better than Mario. Remember Hixon was the buzz before his injury early last year. (preseason I believe) That is the real story here if you ask me. Now mario could suprise and the team did move Boss. Keep your eyes on Beckum, as he might vault into the realm of draftable TE's too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Barden is coming off some kind of injury and his job is as a red zone target only.

In any event, Manningham will be awesome this year for your team.