Lioms RB Kevin Smith is expected to Start.

cctekguy

Staff member
I don't fully understand how this happens.

Dude was not offered an extension on his contract and became an unrestricted free agent.

TONS of teams got into RB trouble while this cat was sitting at home but apparently Miami, Kansas City, Indy, Chicago, Buffalo, Denver etc. didn't deem him better than the dirt they were willing to start (not even as a back-up).

Now he comes back to Detroit and it's like he never left.

Someone enlighten me.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I don't fully understand how this happens.

Dude was not offered an extension on his contract and became an unrestricted free agent.

TONS of teams got into RB trouble while this cat was sitting at home but apparently Miami, Kansas City, Indy, Chicago, Buffalo, Denver etc. didn't deem him better than the dirt they were willing to start (not even as a back-up).

Now he comes back to Detroit and it's like he never left.

Someone enlighten me.
I think its the injury. Remember he was always banged up in his career, and had the very bad knee injury. He came back last year, and wasn't really ready imo. He was cut by detroit, but took the time to get really into shape and rehab the knee. As such, since he knows the offense, he was a great target to look at after all the rb injuries Detroit had. By all reports he blew the coaches away when he was brought in for a workout, and was signed immediately.

I think the past injury and last year scared other teams off.

just my :twocents: