Life beyond LT2? This is getting serious.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
in all seriousness, tomlinson needs to find a team with a real fullback. if you ask me, he really missed lorenzo neal this year.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
in all seriousness, tomlinson needs to find a team with a real fullback. if you ask me, he really missed lorenzo neal this year.

Agreed. No question his numbers suffered. But outside of Neal where would a real blocking fullback be? I remember Seattle having a young blocking fullback and Neal is in B-More I believe.

Mike

Administrator
colleges aren't really breeding fullbacks much anymore, hence the loss off good fullback talent at the NFL level, and the move to two tight end sets, and also the loss of a true feature back in today's offenses.

LT looks like one of the last of what appears to be a dying breed of running back, at least for now until things begin to change again

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Some other names that popped up from a different thread are Ricky Williams (stop laughing he can still play) and Fred Jackson from Buffalo. Jackson filled in well as a starter and showed he has the dual threat ability. He might also come on the cheap if the Bolts look to hold onto Sproles.

Mike

Administrator
Ricky Williams and a re-signing of Darren Sproles could be a good matchup for 2009. Chargers would then need to be looking for a future running back.

mills

I think Houston would be a good option. The combo of LT and Slaton would be a frightening one. I also see Houston doing big things the next 2-3 years. Could be a good thing for LT.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
I think Houston would be a good option. The combo of LT and Slaton would be a frightening one. I also see Houston doing big things the next 2-3 years. Could be a good thing for LT.

:nod: and he might think it would be nice going home to Texas.

Arctic Dawgs

If Hasselback is still starting I doubt its a big rebuild. A receiver or two and a healthy o-line will make a big difference.

That is the party line from TR, but I think it is more because last years offseason has put them in a bad spot this year.

I'm pretty sure that Ducky and Jones have some guarentees this year and/or next. They also have a large "Dead $$" hit from dropping SA.