LeGarrette Blount

cctekguy

Staff member
So what's the scoop on this guy, Outlaws?

As soon as I heard his name called Sunday, I winced in agony. How could I have forgotten about him?

He had made my radar last season with Tenn., but I lost track of him. I had no idea he was moved to Tampa and DARN sure had no idea that he would be touching the ball this soon.

Dude is full of piss and vinegar (with just a touch of humility) and could be just the guy to fire up a run first offense in TB.

What's the insider scoop from all you Bay fans?

Can the guy ball, or what?

Skedar120

Buccaneer Faithful
The game was blacked out here, so I didn't get to see any of it, didn't see any highlights either. But like you, when I heard his name called on the radio, I believe my exact words were "really?? what happened to huggins (immediately remembered he was injured)?"

I'm not sure why we made the leap to bring him up to #2, passing Lumpkin. The results weren't great, but I'll cautiously say they are promising. 6 carries for 27 yards, granted 12 yards came on one carry, so his 4.5 average is more like 3.0. And a garbage time TD. I'll also say that the local media is calling for less Caddy, more RBBC.

Reports are saying that Raheem is holding extra practices during the bye to give guys like Blount a chance to get some more time in. And off the field, he has been quiet, surprisingly.

Honestly, I'm not sold on him yet, but it will be interesting to see how our backfield plays out after the bye. Perhaps we see a 4-headed running attack? I can see a use for each back, but I'm not sure how it would work. Unfortunately, it will start with Cincinnati.

2minutedrill

Hey tekkie
This is actually blount's first year out of oregon. he's the one that punched out a player on boise in the 1st game last year and sat all year except the end. he ran more like a full back. believe he was undrafted brought in by the titans and released then picked up by tampa. he replaced Jonathan Stewart on oregons team but his first 2 years were in community college. saw him in action a couple of games and he prefers to run over people. was keeping on eye on him also but too soon for me to carry him.