Laurence Maroney - Any hope?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Maroney has shown some flashes, but never any consistency. Mainly due to the fact he just can't stay on the field. Is he done? Could he be be a huge steal next season? Looks like a crowded backfield in NE with Jordan, Faulk, Morris and LM coming back......in Maroney the odd man out, or will he start coming back next season and begin to live up to some of his hype?

Bayton

Personally, I think he is done as a 20 carry guy for a few years. He could get another shot later of course. He's been injury prone in his short three years. The Patriot backfield is crowded and I believe Jordon will be the most productive provided hes given a shot. Why else have the Patriot's signed Morris and Jordon if they had faith in Maroney? Maroney for the next for years i see him as a good 2 punch for another running back, just like R. Bush is all flash and no burn, so is Maroney.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I don't know that is all Maroney. NE seems to not want to set on just one back. They like what all the back bring to the table. Of all the backs NE has, Faulk is about the only reliable source of pts if you are in a PPR league. To me...it is almost like Denver light there.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Maroney is a bust IMO. THis is guy who will pair well with two others as a 10 carry a game guy.