Larry Johnson: Where is he headed?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
In all likelyhood, Larry Johnson will be hitting the bricks out of Kansas City this year.

Where do you think he will most likely end up? Does LJ have the "stones" to become the back he used to be, or is this likely the end of the line for the former Penn State star??

I'll start off with the team I've heard about....the Patriots. Bellicheat does a good job with older and/or immature talent. Johnson fits the bill on both accounts, an aging veteran who is certainly better than any back on the Patriots roster. Johnson has also hit women more than paydirt lately, and the Patriots lockerroom is known for controlling problem children.

SC#20

Dominator!
I think Cincy needs a good running back, but really in the league, what teams need running backs? Chiefs, Bengals and Broncos. Most teams are set atleast two deep. He was still somewhat productive fantasy back when played.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
I think Cincy needs a good running back, but really in the league, what teams need running backs? Chiefs, Bengals and Broncos. Most teams are set atleast two deep. He was still somewhat productive fantasy back when played.

You might be on to something. Smacking women around might even be considered a step up from the norm in Cincy.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
You might be on to something. Smacking women around might even be considered a step up from the norm in Cincy.

Hilarious. And why the hell does Lewis still have a job?

Back on topic....Benson and Johnson, two former 1st rounders on the same team trying to save fading or dead careers. Nice.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I'll pass on LJ in Cincy......Not that I don't think he has anything left, just not what we need right now.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
K......what about Seattle

They already Duckett and Weaver for big bodies. Who could use a complimentary back like Johnson?

Tampa? Gruden gives trouble children a second chance, Caddy is hurt, Dunn is small and old.

Patriots? Corey Dillon v2

Arizona? Edge is gone

Denver? who knows what the coach we get wants.

NY Jets? Compliments Washington, Jones is old

Steelers? Larry went to Penn St, Parker blows, Mendenhall is a question mark.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
what about new england on a cheap veteran contract? no one does it quite like them with the veteran chip-on-the-shoulder players with something to prove. would anyone be shocked to see LJ put up 1200 yards, 15 TDs, and a boring 4.0 YPC for that offense next season?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
quite possible. At least those of you saddled with him in dynasty leagues could get some use out of him

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
They already Duckett and Weaver for big bodies. Who could use a complimentary back like Johnson?

Tampa? Gruden gives trouble children a second chance, Caddy is hurt, Dunn is small and old.

Patriots? Corey Dillon v2

Arizona? Edge is gone

Denver? who knows what the coach we get wants.

NY Jets? Compliments Washington, Jones is old

Steelers? Larry went to Penn St, Parker blows, Mendenhall is a question mark.
Pretty reasonable list here.

I agree with Pats. As for Arizona...they pass to much..I don't see them putting that much money at Rb again. Denver will need a Rb. Jets...that is really interesting...if Favre returns...you may see Jones gone. Pittsburgh? No...I think they have Mendenhall to rely on.

Tampa actually is an interesting idea...but they just resigned Graham last year....not sure they want that much salary at Rb.

Actually, how about New Orleans? Bush has proven he is only at change of pace. McCallister has shown his age. For whatever reason they don't seem to want to give over to Thomas.

Cincinnat might be an option.

How about Cleveland? They might want a big time signing to go with new coach to show they are for real.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Pretty reasonable list here.

I agree with Pats. As for Arizona...they pass to much..I don't see them putting that much money at Rb again. Denver will need a Rb. Jets...that is really interesting...if Favre returns...you may see Jones gone. Pittsburgh? No...I think they have Mendenhall to rely on.

Tampa actually is an interesting idea...but they just resigned Graham last year....not sure they want that much salary at Rb.

Actually, how about New Orleans? Bush has proven he is only at change of pace. McCallister has shown his age. For whatever reason they don't seem to want to give over to Thomas.

Cincinnat might be an option.

How about Cleveland? They might want a big time signing to go with new coach to show they are for real.

I don't know if I'd use the words "rely on" from the Mendenhall I witnessed.

I also don't know how expensive Larry can afford to be at his age and with his legal issues. That's why I see him taking reduced pay to play for a contender like NE or Pitt.

I considered New Orleans for the reasons you mentioned, but Pierre made a strong case for himself this year. And can Larry stay out of trouble in a city like New Orleans?

Cincy has basically the same thing in Benson right now so they don't seem too likely, but Cleveland is a great idea. They need an old bruiser to replace their present one. Not a contender but he'd get a lot more action.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I don't know if I'd use the words "rely on" from the Mendenhall I witnessed.

I also don't know how expensive Larry can afford to be at his age and with his legal issues. That's why I see him taking reduced pay to play for a contender like NE or Pitt.

I considered New Orleans for the reasons you mentioned, but Pierre made a strong case for himself this year. And can Larry stay out of trouble in a city like New Orleans?

Cincy has basically the same thing in Benson right now so they don't seem too likely, but Cleveland is a great idea. They need an old bruiser to replace their present one. Not a contender but he'd get a lot more action.
Excellent points.

Keep in mind though, Cincy only signed Benson to a one year deal I believe. So the option to go eslewhere is a possibility.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Cincy did only ink Benson to a one year deal. He is now trying to "test the waters" but has the Bengals on his mind apparently.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
LJ counts $8.2 million against the cap if the Chiefs keep him and $8.8 million if they deal him. Potential trade partners, however, would not be on the hook for any guaranteed money beyond his salary -- $5.5 million in 2009 and $7 million in 2010

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
There in lies the problem. Almost seems better to hold him for a year and hope he can put up some 10 carry 100 yard performances while you whittle away some of that contract cash.

I can't think of anyone who is going to take on a 12 million dollar problem child, but then again the Patriots will do just about anything