Kronke announces plans for stadium in LA

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Wow, used to live in that area, what a great move for St. Louis if they do it, right on the River. But I wonder:
1) Mississippi has alot of flooding issues, that would be a big time issue there
2) that is close to a water treatment plant - I know since my old company had a plant next to it :)
3) Open air?? -after years in a dome? Big risk if you ask me.

Bubba

The stadium will be five feet above the Hundred Year Flood Mark of 1993, so it should be safe. The building next to the stadium is actually the old steam plant, which was used to heat the old radiators found in many buildings downtown. The fans all seem to want an open air stadium (old school) but I'd prefer a retractable roof (add about half a million to the cost). Screw sitting in 15 degree weather in late December. I'm not sure what lies directly across the river in Illinois. I try to stay out of that area. The new Stan Musial bridge is just north of this proposed location.

Phicinfan

Administrator
The stadium will be five feet above the Hundred Year Flood Mark of 1993, so it should be safe. The building next to the stadium is actually the old steam plant, which was used to heat the old radiators found in many buildings downtown. The fans all seem to want an open air stadium (old school) but I'd prefer a retractable roof (add about half a million to the cost). Screw sitting in 15 degree weather in late December. I'm not sure what lies directly across the river in Illinois. I try to stay out of that area. The new Stan Musial bridge is just north of this proposed location.
Nothing lies across the river, they are at last time I saw about a year ago, tearing it all down.

Cool, this would be really cool, and open air, bet you can see in from the arch then?

Phicinfan

Administrator
Latest news, ground breaking on new stadium has begun, with Bulldozers there moving around some ground.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Okay, now the plot is really getting thick.
Per multiple reports, there is a new option being discussed, that being that Kroenke will sell Rams and leave them in St. Louis, but buy the Raiders and move them to the stadium in LA he is building. No idea of how true this is, or if Davis wants to sell the team or not. But this would be a huge shift.