Kronke announces plans for stadium in LA

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
It appears that some folks on here have an axe to grind with the city of LA... No?
No. I have no issue with L.A. What you are failing to realize is that being able to sustain a team is more than ticket sales. I also seem to keep missing you sharing any of that data... go wonder.

The city has to be able to :
1) provide a consistant fan base
2) A up to date stadium for them to generate $$ from that fan base
3) additional monies like parking, vending and advertisement in that area.

To date, LA has failed twice, not once, to be able to sustain that. Key issue? To get funding for a new stadium, which is AGAIN the issue. It took an owner who wants to MOVE his team to get that started.

So No, L.A. has not proven it can sustain a team.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
My numbers are straight from Wikipedia and you seem to refuse to even consider the fact that 100's of thousands of people attended NFL games weekly in LA during the 80's and 90's. Was it enough to sustain 2 teams? Apparently not. But one team? Well it kept the rams here for 50 years. The numbers for a great fan base are clearly there. All we need is a place to play and I've already said that its beyond me why they haven't built a stadium yet... BS politics perhaps. But IMO its not due to concerns over the fan base.

Remote Controller

LA is just too laid back and casual to give a Fock about anything that isn't hot or trendy. They have failed to wooo an NFL team and that isn't just an OOPS! (queue the laker argument) It's is backed by smart people realizing that they won't support it, or, even in a free enterprise system in Cali (wholly fock, did I just say that?), it hasn't been deemed worth throwing the money at ..........and that would have happened if money was to be made. GET REAL CTL!! jus sayin!

Last edited:

Remote Controller

LA is just too laid back and casual to give a Fock about anything that isn't hot or trendy. They have failed to wooo an NFL team and that isn't just an OOPS! (queue the laker argument) It's is backed by smart people realizing that they won't support it, or, even in a free enterprise system in Cali (wholly fock, did I just say that?), it hasn't been deemed worth throwing the money at ..........and that would have happened if money was to be made. GET REAL CTL!! jus sayin!
The NFL would have rubbed one out a decade ago to have a team there.

Phicinfan

Administrator
My numbers are straight from Wikipedia and you seem to refuse to even consider the fact that 100's of thousands of people attended NFL games weekly in LA during the 80's and 90's. Was it enough to sustain 2 teams? Apparently not. But one team? Well it kept the rams here for 50 years. The numbers for a great fan base are clearly there. All we need is a place to play and I've already said that its beyond me why they haven't built a stadium yet... BS politics perhaps. But IMO its not due to concerns over the fan base.
Wait a minute. First you DO realize Wikipedia is NOT a verifiable source yes?
Two, You can't go back decades and assume what happened in the 80's is applicable today. Not even you are that silly.
Three - Fan base is a small part of it chief, the fact that they KNOW fans and folks in the area won't approve tax levies to pay for a new stadium SHOWS the lack of support. You can try and blame the gov't all you want. If they can't get folks to pony up funds, they won't ever build a stadium. Thus it is NOT sustainable.

Seriously, you have to be a bit more realistic and use some common sense here.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Wait a minute. First you DO realize Wikipedia is NOT a verifiable source yes?
Two, You can't go back decades and assume what happened in the 80's is applicable today. Not even you are that silly.
Three - Fan base is a small part of it chief, the fact that they KNOW fans and folks in the area won't approve tax levies to pay for a new stadium SHOWS the lack of support. You can try and blame the gov't all you want. If they can't get folks to pony up funds, they won't ever build a stadium. Thus it is NOT sustainable.

Seriously, you have to be a bit more realistic and use some common sense here.
Well do you dispute those numbers??? And yes I can go back decades and look at attendance trends in order to help make a current projection.. To do otherwise would be extremely irresponsible.
And yes, I understand that fan base is only a part of the equation, but I feel like you're implying that LA couldn't consistently fill an NFL stadium. And that's my beef. Now if you're saying a franchise in LA is unattainable, OK maybe (doubt it). But when you're talking about unsustainability, I feel as though u r doubting the fan bases ability to consistently fill the new stadium and support the team that's in place here (in theory).

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Yeah them laid back fruit cakes out dur in la la land don't want football.. But San Antonio? Now that makes sense!

RC didn't u already say u thought LA would get a team? ( I'm to lazy to scroll back thru, I'm from ca what'd u expect)

Phicinfan

Administrator
Well do you dispute those numbers??? And yes I can go back decades and look at attendance trends in order to help make a current projection.. To do otherwise would be extremely irresponsible.
And yes, I understand that fan base is only a part of the equation, but I feel like you're implying that LA couldn't consistently fill an NFL stadium. And that's my beef. Now if you're saying a franchise in LA is unattainable, OK maybe (doubt it). But when you're talking about unsustainability, I feel as though u r doubting the fan bases ability to consistently fill the new stadium and support the team that's in place here (in theory).
Yes, I dispute any data from Wikipedia, since I know it is not reliable.
Yes, you can look at that far past, not you cannot use it as a basis, as costs and alot of other key factors have changed in over 30 years.
Yes, I would argue LA is unatainable, as they can't build a stadium. I would add it is unsustainable as folks won't go to, nor will teams go to the existing stadiums they have. Oh, and that supposed fan base you speak of won't pay to build a new stadium. So why would I expect them to fill it too?

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Yes, I dispute any data from Wikipedia, since I know it is not reliable.
Yes, you can look at that far past, not you cannot use it as a basis, as costs and alot of other key factors have changed in over 30 years.
Yes, I would argue LA is unatainable, as they can't build a stadium. I would add it is unsustainable as folks won't go to, nor will teams go to the existing stadiums they have. Oh, and that supposed fan base you speak of won't pay to build a new stadium. So why would I expect them to fill it too?
Well I have to respectfully disagree with you on the idea that football is unattainable and unsustainable in LA. My numbers make sense when extrapolated over time, taking into account rise in population and prices etc imo. You may be right but I'd be shocked if you were... Only time will tell.

Remote Controller

Yeah them laid back fruit cakes out dur in la la land don't want football.. But San Antonio? Now that makes sense!

RC didn't u already say u thought LA would get a team? ( I'm to lazy to scroll back thru, I'm from ca what'd u expect)
It sounds like they will. I just feel SA would be a better place and receive much better support. Just an opinion. LA just hasn't got it done yet for several reasons.

cctekguy

Staff member
Epically funny JScott!!!

Hope RC thinks so. :D

I loved football then too, RC.

Big Rams fan (hated Minnesota, naturally)

Fearsome foursome, Purple people eaters, Deacon Jones, Carl Eller, Gene Washington, Jack Snow etc.

I miss the plain Blue/White uniforms for the Rams but the Helmet is still epic (even with the crappy colors).

Phicinfan

Administrator
Wow, the plot thickens. SD is threatening legal action if the Rams move to L.A. They want to keep that leverage until they get a new stadium themselves, stating the Rams voluntarily left the market and the NFL should not allow them to return.

Yikes this could end up a mess.

Add to that St. Louis just came out with their new plan to build a new stadium with 50% funding from locals and 50% funding from NFL and Team. Which is interesting since I doubt Owner will want to pay to build TWO stadiums.

What a mess.